What's new

What's the most useless button in the game?

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
There are all kinds of buttons in this game that serve no strategic purpose. Shao Kahn s3 Kotal Kahn s4 come to mind. S4 might be a semi decent whiff punish but why would you use it when Kotal has better options that actually combo.
Kotal's S4 is absolutely one of the worst buttons in the game. Slow, high, odd hitbox, no follow up. Why does it exist?

I'd say Jade's B1 struggles to justify its existence as well.

Alot of S3s serve no purpose. Skarlets S3 has been mentioned a few times but that move is really really bad. You'd think it would be a good check for people jumping but it whiffs on everything.

Lao's S4 is also terrible. It's great in the corner for when you fuck up a F4 and get punished because of how slow it recovers. Most awkward animation ever too.

Why did they move away from left kick/right kick?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Never seen a night wolf doing that uppercut normal that launches and anti airs. I havent played this game since he launched... but in the Kombat last I thought it looked liked a decent launching anti air... I guess it's not!

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
Never seen a night wolf doing that uppercut normal that launches and anti airs. I havent played this game since he launched... but in the Kombat last I thought it looked liked a decent launching anti air... I guess it's not!
Yeah his b2 is only used after some kbs if ever.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
You can use it to meterlessly launch from a J2 you know will hit and I think it gives him more meterless damage from his shoulder charge KB, and variation 2 doesn't have a launching special there anyway. Plus it's a mid launcher, Nightwolf has a few normals worse then that

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
That one cassie flip gun shot move in V1. They could literally get rid of this move and make low shot 2 slots.... and that would be a buff

Marinjuana

Is Kabal's B2 useful at all?
It's a nice high that leads into a B22 launch so I'd say it's hella useful. Not really something you do by itself but I don't think that's really what we're looking for here.

Skarlet's S3, and it's not even close.
Haha yeah, like does that have any real use? Seemed like a decent preemptive anti air when I played her a lot in the beta but you can just use F2 for that. They should make that special cancellable like Kotal's S4 and lower the hurtbox to hit crouchers. It's a really cool move to have just wasting away there.

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
It's a nice high that leads into a B22 launch so I'd say it's hella useful. Not really something you do by itself but I don't think that's really what we're looking for here.
Kabal's b2 is a mid that knocks down. Believe you're thinking about Kotal's b2.

They should make that special cancellable like Kotal's S4 and lower the hurtbox to hit crouchers. It's a really cool move to have just wasting away there.
Kotal's s4 is a good one. I guess it's never really practical because I only see people use the boot.

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
Kotals s4 is special cancelable and im pretty sure s4 into damage totem is kotally safe... so i wouldn't call it useless

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Kabal's b2 is a mid that knocks down. Believe you're thinking about Kotal's b2.

Kotal's s4 is a good one. I guess it's never really practical because I only see people use the boot.
Ahh okay, I totally midread that.

They actually just buffed Kotal's S4, it was definitely because of this thread. Good job mate