What's new

What's the most useless button in the game?

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
I was in the lab with Erron Black and I noticed that no-one uses f2 or b1 (base kit). Not that it's bad, it just doesn't have any use because f3 seems to be much better. Back when I mained Kollector, I would almost never use b1 which got me thinking, what are some of the least used/useless buttons in the game?

*this is just for fun, not looking for buffs or anything

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Erron has b2 that
  • Beats out low pokes
  • Leads to big boy damage
  • Advancing string that you don't particularly need to space well at all to hit
  • Leads to a hard to blockable online with slide
  • Can be staggered with its string
  • Anti airs and low crushes
Why would he need one more button?

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
Erron has b2 that...
If you play Erron black (because I don't), do you ever use f2 or b1? Because I haven't seen it.

I feel like Sonya might have some useless buttons because I know she has a long move-list, but we only ever see the same three strings in pro comp.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I was coming into this thread with an entirely different mindset lol. If we're talking characters too many to go through but I will say as a Sonya player(she's one of my secondaries) she has WAYY too many strings and some of which useless.

djynn

hsu hao main
tbh I use b1 a fair amount. good range a decent button to start matches off if you know they're going to back up, nice whiff punisher if f2 is out of range.

I would say all of the hop moves. Some characters can use it decently but the recovery and reactibility mean their biggest use is baiting an overhead block. thought terminator's kb would be a nice use of short hop but i honestly haven't seen it outside of the kombat kast it was shown in lmao

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Never had an issue with block lol. Imagine if this game didn't have block hah. Seems pretty important to me.