What's new

Question - Quan Chi What's the first thing you'll be testing with Quan Chi?

macro

Eezeepeezee
It would be great to know what everyones going to be looking for right when the game first comes out. Like, we could have three people looking into each class of the character, at least.
Just in all, we could have some type of game plan.
What are your guys' thoughts on how we should take on this character?

macro

Eezeepeezee
How can anyone look at him and not think he is one of the most badass characters in MK? Anyways, to answer your question. I will be testing the Summoner variation. Some people think it's a bill but I see a lot of potential in that variation.
For the summoner class, i could see some pretty crazy overhead low mixups.
And it could give him some interesting corner mixups also.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I know i'll be looking into the warlock class first.
How can anyone look at him and not think he is one of the most badass characters in MK? Anyways, to answer your question. I will be testing the Summoner variation. Some people think it's a bill but I see a lot of potential in that variation.
You're both wrong :p. Going to dabble with Sorcerer Day 1 along with a couple of other characters to see which one wins me over. Sorcerer is probably 2nd on my list out of everything revealed so far. Limitless potential.

It's funny how with QC people seem to be very split on which variation they want to go with first, unlike some characters like say, Displacer Raiden. That can only be seen as a good thing, very good thing.

macro

Eezeepeezee
You're both wrong :p. Going to dabble with Sorcerer Day 1 along with a couple of other characters to see which one wins me over. Sorcerer is probably 2nd on my list out of everything revealed so far. Limitless potential.

It's funny how with QC people seem to be very split on which variation they want to go with first, unlike some characters like say, Displacer Raiden. That can only be seen as a good thing, very good thing.
I feel like day one is going to be crazy for everyone, and everybody should follow their characters forums.
In all though info will be coming at us from every angle, thats why i'm just trying to find out whos looking for what.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The very first thing i'm going to do, is make a Quan Chi punishment guide.
I just don't know what character i should start with, what's your guys' thoughts on the subject?
Opponents? Start with the most popular and used characters, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and then from there whoever people are gravitating to the most.

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
There is nothing I won't try with Quan, all variations what's safe, what's +, what's -
I'll probably be in practice for a long time what MKX comes out :p

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I´m gonna start with technical measurements.

The regen time between armor in his armor spell.
How much chip is dealt by normals and specials during the chip spell, and what strings/normals lead to the most inescapable chip.
His best ranged normal for punishing at sweep range.
A 100% reliable follow-up for Air-to-Airs.

I also want to know how negative his regular rune is on block and the pushback, if it´s a reliable option for ending strings to stay safe and keep the opponent at a managable distance since they won´t be able to dash into a normal to punish.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Guys, seriously, just go full crazy with his NJP. That shit's OP as f*ck, hitting crouching opponents (when done instantly after jumping) and all. :eek:

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Look over his frame data and find any frame traps. Find some setups. And small tricks. In mk9 for example a blocked sweep would cause his b3 to go over a counter d3. Things like that. I'll be using sorcerer first

macro

Eezeepeezee
What everyone will be doing day 1 for Quan Chi:
Macro: Working on a punishment guide. That includes:
most damaging punisher
longest range punish
and i can just tell, a whole lot more.
WARLOCK
@STB Shujinkydink
is going to be looking of Quan's frame data,
finding frame traps and finding setups.
SORCERER
@Under_The_Mayo
Is going to start with the technical measurements.
So he'll be looking at the regen on Quan's armor spell
,how well the chip spell works and just how good Quans chip
is going to be. He'll find out what Quan's best sweep ranged normal punisher is.
Also Quan's best after air combo link is.
??????????????????????????????????????
@ERR0R MACR0
Is going to look into what Quan can get after a sexy trance,
and how to get an opponent into one with ease.
???????????????????????????????????????????
@ENDeverMORE

and @GenieWeenie will be playing sommoner. lol

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I think Quan chis summoner could be his dirtiest one. Nrs said there is ZERO cooldown time on when you can call out the bat right now. So that means anytime you hit them with trance you get a free bat to call out for the set up afterwards, could be our first signs of a vortex, although I dont think itll be an injusyice style one. But basically hit them with any bat attack, confirm into trance, call out another bat, finish combo, hit them with the bat set up into trance again and repeat.

Last edited: