What's new

What's the deal with Legacy Characters?

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I'd say the logical answer is this:

The legacy characters were characters that already had a foundation that was improved upon in the current game.

Since they were made already with a certain win condition/gameplan in mind, they were given the means to play their game further. The newer characters were designed from scratch.

I'd feel optimistically none of the newer character is necessarily bad in this game, its just they they still have room to develop their gameplan/meta.
This, basically. For the most part they've been expanded upon with a few more years of hindsight. WoWo is an obvious exception, because they just... idek, man.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I think its just early. Jury is still out. Legacy characters who havent changed much mean that players can dominate early. As people flesh out the full cast over the next few months, we should see the rise of new characters. If we dont, then I'll revisit your point.

For now, its way too early to say. We'll see how things pan out.
This. 100% true.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Aquaman weak wake ups, slow short back dash, decent but not the best walk speed. do I continue?
Why would you be backdashing with Aquaman anyways? Just keep them in check with B1 and react to them coming in for tentacle strike potato 30% damage

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Why would you be backdashing with Aquaman anyways? Just keep them in check with B1 and react to them coming in for tentacle strike potato 30% damage
Sometimes u wanna backdash to get the invincibility and whiff punish some strings. or on wake up u don't always wanna wake up attack with AM.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
Here's hoping Cheetah gets some improvements. Way too many bad matchups imo.

At least she's fun to play...