What's new

What's the best X-Ray combo for Mileena?

I don't use X-Ray with Mileena very often, but the main one I use when I do is:

U4, U4, B14, 4, Roll, B14, X-Ray. It does about 42%, 45% with a jump punch. Anyone know any better ones?

Somberness

Lights
All midscreen without jump in punch for most of her starters.

:l+:fp:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:r+:fk:fp+:bp~:l:d:bk,:r+:fk:fp+:bp~:x 47%
:l+:fp:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:bk~:l:d:bk,:r+:fk:fp+:bp~:x 46%
:u+:bk~:r:r~:d+:bp,:l:d:bk,:r+:fk:fp+:bp~:x 46%
:l+:fp:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:bk~:l:d:bk,:l+:fp:bk~:x 45%
:bp:fk~:l:d:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:bk~:x 44%
:u+:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:bk~:l:d:bk,:r+:fk:fp+:bp~:x 44%
:u+:bk,:u+:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:bk~:l:d:bk,:r+:fk:fp+:bp~:x 43%
:u+:bk,:u+:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:r+:fk:fp+:bp~:l:d:bk,:l+:fp:bk~:x 43%
:bk~:l:d:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:bk~:x 43%
:fk~:l:d:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:bk~:x 41%
:fp:fp~:l:d:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:bk~:x 39%
:l+:fk~:l:d:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:bk~:x 39%
:bk:bp~:l:d:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:bk~:x 39%
:bk:bp~:l:d:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:fk:bk~:x 39%
:bk:bp~:r:r:fk~:l:r:fp,:l:d:bk,:r+:fk:fp+:bp~:x 38%
:l:d:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:l+:fp:bk,:bk~:x 38%

As you can see, up + 4 twice is only better when you use forward + 3, 1+2 in the combo as well.
Funny that none of these require any dashes. I plan on making a new combo thread with everything.

edit: Forgot combo that actually does require a dash. :)

Runefyst

Noob
I rarely use xray either. Only if I happen to have it stored and it can push their lifebar to empty. Otherwise, I keep it for breakers and I find her Ex roll & divekicks both pretty useful. (ex roll is actually quite nice when KL tries to stuff your wakeup with low hat.)

^Same, I use Ex Roll for mixups. They have a 50-50 chance of predicting what I do when I jump in. Normally, I'll go with U4 -> U4 -> Whatever combo, but if they start predicting that, I'll switch it up to B3 -> Roll.

Once they get used to that and start blocking low, I'll do B3 -> Ex Roll. Catches em' off guard. Plus, you can roll TWICE if you start a juggle off with Ex Roll. :D

I also use Ex Teleport on wakeup, for people like Kung Lao. It beats his ground hat (Or at least it HAS for me on multiple occasions.)

Nameer

Noob
The highest damage mid-screen kombo with x-ray I've got is

:l+:fp,:bk,:l+:fp,:bk,:r+:fk,:fp+:bp~ball roll,:r+:fk,:fp+:bp~:x
without jp is 47% damage
with jp is 49% damage

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Are there any specific x-ray friendly combos? I just do my normal bnb and add xray instead of another move usually. Seems to work out.

Somberness

Lights
Thanks Nameer, I was thinking of that combination but it's so hard. :(
I have got a midscreen one that starts with a deep jumpkick, however it is another one of those hard ones you will never use. I can't finish it to see the damage but I am pretty sure it works.
:ur,:fk/:bk~:l:r:fp,:r+:fk:fp+:bp~:l:d:bk,:r+:fk:fp+:bp~:x
Are there any specific x-ray friendly combos? I just do my normal bnb and add xray instead of another move usually. Seems to work out.
Seems like the best idea.

Somberness

Lights
Of course, but if you aren't playing in a tournament playing for money, no harm if you lose because you aren't using breakers. Be as flashy as you can, I say. :)

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
Ahh, well if it's flashy you want, I'd recommend U4, U4, B1 4, X-ray

Still very good damage, easy to pull off, and it really looks awesome, the way Mileena does the third pop up and smacks them to initiate the X-ray ;P

Nameer

Noob
I have got a midscreen one that starts with a deep jumpkick, however it is another one of those hard ones you will never use. I can't finish it to see the damage but I am pretty sure it works.
are you sure you can connect the :r+:fk,:fp+:bp after the sai blast?
I've tried it the recovery from sai blast is too slow my opponent will falls before Mileena recover to her stance

Somberness

Lights
Yes, here's what I know about it.
- standing opponent
- jump into them and kick their knees just as you are about to land
- cancel the sai from the kick but delay it very,very, slightly so that it hits the opponent right when they are at the top of their flying back animation. What I do is not input the entire left right command before the kick, just the left and then right + front punch after the kick connects
- your legs should actually be low enough so as soon as you are done the sai you are landed and can attack

The 1+2 roll cancel always screws me, I can land the forward 3 almost half the times but I've only actually completed the first part of the combo once. I'll get it eventually...

Nameer

Noob

WTF!!!
I thought it's :ur+:fk,:bk not :ur+:fk/:bk lol
I'll try it again

The best X-ray combo for Mileena is no X-ray combo at all. Seriously man, EX teleports and breakers
I know. :p

I already stated that I barely use X-rays, I save em' for Breakers/Ex Teleport/B3 -> Ex Roll. I was just curious as to what the highest damaging X-ray combo is with her.

Mileena's x-ray does 33% on it's own. So to me, doing a combo into it that does anything less than 40+% is a waste of meter. (She does have one that does 48% I believe.)

Mileena's X-ray can be very important to her in certain matchups. (ie: Noob, Reptile, Kitana). But NOT in a combo. Sure she has near 50% with the right X-ray combo, but the problem is, Mileena's combos have a lot of hits and give the opponent a lot of meter to use breakers. The best thing about it is, her X-ray is her only armor move to break through frame traps and zoning.

Mil's meterless combo damage is such that, generally, if your opponent guesses wrong 3 times they die. And because her X-ray does like 3% less than most of her BnBs, you've effectively reduced the amount of wrong guesses to two instead of three. If you have full bar and you've taken more than half your opponents life, Her X-ray becomes very scary for them since it's basically a one-hit BnB. (It's also the longest range move she has that isn't roll).

Thinking about it, what would be cool is if you could combo a roll after it ends. She does pop them up in the air with her knee, so it wouldn't be unrealistic to tack on a roll, b1,4, neckbite or roll, b1,4, telekick, sai for about 40 something percent.

Well yeah, EX moves are best. Her X-ray is situational. I wouldn't rule out x-ray completely, though. Especially against zoning characters or Reptile's EX Forceball setups. Just plow right through them for 1/3 life. Sounds good to me.