What's new

Whats the best variation between the two we hv right now

Kabal is a footsie character. He does best at the midrange where he can utilize his great pokes and the air buzz saw (Clean Cut). He's certainly not a rushdown character, nor is he a full-ranged zoner.

Edit: @Methysan … my quote got eaten.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
Would you say Kabal wants to be at range? I thought he was similar to Cassie in terms of play style but the Cassie forums told me he was rushdown??? His low hook pushes them super far, as does F4, 1+3 and his projectiles seem quite good.
He excels both at rush down and zoning, mind you not full screen zoning but just outside of midrange where Kabal zoning is most effective. At this range you have access to instant air saw, and all the gimmicks with whiffing air normals and canceling into air saw. You can land a ji2 from this range by dashing forward and canceling into jump, and you can easily whiff punish any normals your opponents throw out. This is the range I try to play at, I can move in from here and play aggressive, abusing my long range buttons or move back and play lame. I find that up close, canceling d4 into db3 is perfect for putting me in this sweet spot where all your tools find maximum utility.