What's new

what's going on?

dubson

Noob
What your experiencing is "delay", which is different from lag, but goes hand-in-hand with it.

Delay is where the game may appear to not be laggy, but move and button inputs are delayed.

The game being sped up or slowed down randomly is lag, not delay. Delay only refers to button inputs. Choppy, slow or fast game play are all part of lag.

You can experience just one of the two, or even both, and it sounds like you were experiencing both.

Welcome to online gaming ;)

All you can do is try with that person again, another time with the right circumstances (noone online on your connection, or theirs for best results).

Or, try and stick to playing people your connection is best with, which is what I do and a lot of other people.

Obviously, you will not always have someone available on your friends list so you will have to venture out into the lobby at times. But basically, you just won't connect perfect with everyone. It sucks, but your at the right place to find other people to play that you connect better with.

Yea i think the worst thing about online gaming ( especially mk2) is when it appears to be a decent connection and then as soon as you start playing you realise that youve just walked into a nightmare!!! Frame delay is even worse than just lag slowdown i think....its because you think your getting your moves out and your really not. Anyway i know how you feel buddy ....it .... it just isnt right :mad:

It is quite hard when it is happening coz the execution when all messed up ! But it appears that there is many people downloading during the time they play and this is a pain in da butt because it slows down the connection. I just don't understand, I mean torrent or not, downloading or not, I always disable my others connections before playing MK2 online !

Tim Static

Adminerator
ikoneon said:
It is quite hard when it is happening coz the execution when all messed up ! But it appears that there is many people downloading during the time they play and this is a pain in da butt because it slows down the connection. I just don't understand, I mean torrent or not, downloading or not, I always disable my others connections before playing MK2 online !
understand that A. PSN is just slow. B. alot of other people use the Wi-Fi on the PS3 simply because its built in. One should never use Wi-Fi if there is a choice with online fighters. C. See A & B.

ikoneon said:
Yah i always stop any downloads or anything else going on online that may interfere with mk2. And if your playing mk2 or any fighting game GET HARDWIRED it makes a world of difference!!! Its very convenient having a wireless platform but ..... fighting games do suffer (online).