What's new

Question - Sun God Whats a good string juggle into cmd grab?

Hi there...

I enjoy playing Sun God... probably just for the brutality lol.. anyway... I have recently been adding 21 into my combos to get 2 extra hits after a F2.

So "114, AA Grab EX, F2, 21, AA Grab" or some of the equivalents is like where I am at now.. but I want to end the combo with the command grab. This is what it used to look like...

144, AA Grab EX, F2, CMD Grab
B12, AA Grab EX, F2, CMD Grab

What I would like is to add a thing like 21 after the F2.. but everytime I do it he bounces to high for me to do the command grab and it whiff s and they drop.

Dose anyone know a string that is a bit easier that doesn't pop them up so much?

Same for F2,21,CMD Grab... that also whiffs.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
adding the 21 works, just delay the 21 slightly.

You can also do B12 (this is probably the easiest confirm) or B14 (a little harder)

(sorry about the voyager, was listening to it and had that running in a window in the backgrnd)

I managed to get a few to connect. On big guys like the predator it is easier, but on girls I seam to have to do the cmd grab before the 2nd hit.

I still find it very hard. I'm looking for easy noob frendly options!

I'll try F1B2... and get back to you .. thanks!

Also right at the end you can see the whiff I usually experience.. I know you can do a 2nd f2.. I just wanted to kinda show what is normally happening with this whiff.. it is like they are to high to be hit. Air grab always connects no matter what though.

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
have you tried b3 cmdgrab after the launch. It might delay long enough and have a big enough hitbox to smack them and put them into position.

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
114 x aa grab ex f2 f1b2/b14 sun god choke is your best option.
Error's combo is a great option off 1,1,4 because it has enough hits to keep your opponent from floating to high when it is time to cancel into the choke.

If you want to get decent damage off of your starter f+2, 2,1 then you can do:

f+2, 2,1, d+1, b+1,4 > EX Air Throw, b+1,2 > Sun God Choke (38% at level 1). You're only losing 5% versus starting with 3 f+2's at the beginning and the execution will be much easier.

When you get the opportunity, I'd recommend squeezing out as much damage as you could from f+2... but that will still give you nice damage when SGC is level 3.

Oh, and if you are whiff punishing with b+1,2,2 on the ground be sure to cancel into the choke for easy damage there too.