What's new

What would you like changed about MK11

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
- Generally, I saw how they moved and I liked it, but I wish they would make it twice faster than it is, which is (I think) the original speed like in reality. Now they felt like Street Fighter and I do NOT like it.

- Bring back Sub Zero's trademark ability, Ice Klone, or I'll riot.

- Replace the HP with % for the damage percentage. Leave the HP to INJ. This is MK, NOT INJ2.

- Tone down the zoning bs, because the other characters can't fight against them. Yet again it's MK, NOT INJ2.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Remove movement all together and start the round full screen and give Noob 7 hit armored zoning options and make him sound like this:

Ceroder

Noob
So basically change the game so you don't need to make reads on Fatal Blows, lower execution, and bring back the BS that made zoning so infuriating in previous games.

Honestly, people can share their opinions all they want, but I sincerely hope NRS doesn't take this sort of feedback seriously for once.

You can still play MKX mate, leave MK11 to people who want a break from all that
Nice point of view. To be honest, I agree with your first one, you are right. I still dont understand why I should get punished with %40 of my health just because I didnt read wtf is my opponent gonna do one time, FULL-SCREEN on some of the characters, but okay. Second one, wtf? So, adding new inputs to meter-burn a MOVE means higher execution for you? man...
If you are suggesting me to go play MKX, then you should go play another fighting game.

Also, I cant wait to see how all these changes fix all the zoning problems! Spoiler: It's going to be worse on this game and that meter system is just going to create a lot more problems than just zoning.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Here is my list:
- Increase the walk apeed.
- Make dashes ala mk9
- Get rid of frog jumps and go back to roll jumps.
- Make jumps less floaty.
- Fatal blows do not regenerate once used.

Voila! Now you have a 10/10 game.

Agilaz

It has begun
Nice point of view. To be honest, I agree with your first one, you are right. I still dont understand why I should get punished with %40 of my health just because I didnt read wtf is my opponent gonna do one time, FULL-SCREEN on some of the characters, but okay. Second one, wtf? So, adding new inputs to meter-burn a MOVE means higher execution for you? man...
If you are suggesting me to go play MKX, then you should go play another fighting game.

Also, I cant wait to see how all these changes fix all the zoning problems! Spoiler: It's going to be worse on this game and that meter system is just going to create a lot more problems than just zoning.
Considering Fatal Blows are only available when you're at 30% or lower, you should be able to make a good judgement on whether or not you can expect your opponent to throw one out. As far as reads go it's prolly one of the easiest to make, unless you're one of those players who always got caught by wake-up X-Rays.

As for the additional inputs, yes - by definition, you're expected to execute more. This is one I can take or leave, the reason I bring it up because you want this game to be more like MKX when we already have MKX.

Please elaborate on what issues the new mechanics will create. Cause all I'm seeing now, is that you can't sit full screen and throw projectiles while building meter, so when I eventually get in I will be rewarded by eating an X-Ray or having my combo broken. Now everybody has resources, not just the guy throwing shit at you.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
The music. I get that they're going for the cinematic feel and all that, and it fits the tone of the game, but for a fighting game the music just isn't hype. I want me some Tekken level type levels of hype music during fights. The MK movies had great techno music, but in the MK games you don't even hear the music most of the time.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I think the walk speed and dashes are fine for now. But it's hard to say as it's sooo very early.
If you are concerned about zoning being too good, I understand, but I think they need to adjust the individual fireballs over game speed.
Mostly everyone has like half screen normals to play footsies with, which helps balance out the walk speed.
You move fast enough to evade and wiff punish, which is what the game is about.

The meter system is interesting and it does help with the past MK problems of having characters like Kabal have infinite meter because of just how they are played.

Ice clone can not exist in this type of game, it completely invalidates what they want MK11 to be.
I have no idea why leg grab is not in the game, that one is kinda weird.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
nothing else?
Not anything I can point out at this current time, as I haven't had my hands on the game myself yet.
I'm trying to stay informed though, listening to people who have had their hands on it though and have shown what the game has to offer, what it features, the gameplay elements etc., while ignoring their personal opinions about it, as I can't really use that for anything. I'd like to form my own opinion on the game.

And so far, I overall like it.

Crimea

Noob
Imagine Kitana's mkx overhead xray but now its a fatal blow that you can perform again after 5 sec if they block this shit.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I forgot to add something.

- We want a Wi-Fi filter and a Add fighter in blacklist to avoid the RQers.

This is the most important part here to have much fun and good training in ranked.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Because some chars either don't have good zoning, or are completely rushdown.
First of all, you don't know that because we haven't seen every variation for every character.

Second, even if a character is "completely rushdown," so what? As long as they have the tools to get in close, they'll be able to fight against them just fine.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
1. You only get fatal blow failed attempt once per round.
2. Remove specials that always need a bar to use. (Or make a non bar version of the move)

I would like them if they remove all the nonsense color options for Sub zero and Scorpion. And just keep the original colors with different shades. Other than that the game is awesome

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
- Generally, I saw how they moved and I liked it, but I wish they would make it twice faster than it is, which is (I think) the original speed like in reality. Now they felt like Street Fighter and I do NOT like it.

- Bring back Sub Zero's trademark ability, Ice Klone, or I'll riot.

- Replace the HP with % for the damage percentage. Leave the HP to INJ. This is MK, NOT INJ2.

- Tone down the zoning bs, because the other characters can't fight against them. Yet again it's MK, NOT INJ2.
- This is hardly the first game since Klone was introduced that Sub hasn't had it. He has a similar move that may yet serve the same purpose.

- As much as I'm apprehensive about the variable health system, as long as there is one, percentages won't work for it. At the very least it also allows us to see precisely how much health there is on either side.

- What "zoning bs"? You want them to tone down anything that is merely perceived to be a projectile?

Because some chars either don't have good zoning, or are completely rushdown.
A character being "completely rushdown" does not make them inherently weak to zoning. Johnny Cage vs Noob Saibot in MK9 was generally said to be 7-3 in Noob's favor from people's initial impression of MK9. Let that sink in.