What's new

What would you have done? (Ethics Question)

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
My grandfather once told me to never carry anything in public so expensive that I can't replace it. Thus I have a shitty slide phone that was probably cool like 10 years ago lol, I doubt anybody would steal it so I guess I would let them. However, I agree with @EGP Wonder_Chef's idea. Asking for collateral is a great way to weed out people who actually need help vs scammers

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
It's easy to be reluctant to give your phone to strangers in hindsight. But hindsight is 20/20. As embarrassed as I am to say, this concept hadn't ever crossed my mind, as I'm always eager to help people in distress, even when it's logically best to not do so. I can sit here and say it's easy to prevent this from happening by saying no. But I can't shake my nature. And when I'm not thinking, generosity is always my first instinct.

Luckily I haven't been robbed before. It's due in part to how I look IRL. I'm tall, buff, and badass. While people who know me know me, others see me walk with my motherfucker face on.

Vak Phoenix

Warrior
im a 6ft6 glamazon and people ask for my number and not my phone. anyway i dont give out my number so why would i give you my phone. #byefelica

james1926

Dojo Trainee
To all of you douches who would say no to someone who is asking for a simple help just because you don't know him, or because of the 0,1% risk to get robbed, or just because you are douches or for whatever reason: I hope you get babalited next time! (If you only play Injustice then I hope a Joker player kick your ass.)