What's new

What Would Make You Play INJ2 Casual Mode?

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
So here you are - a serious, competitive fighting game player. You go to locals, you grind online and you monster the streams. Injustice 2 is soon to be released, and you're ready to hit it hard.

But I'm NRS right now, okay? And I say: "Hey you! Mr. Hardcore!... Whut I gotta du to get you inta the casual play room? Even if it's 2 hours a week?"

Would you take gear?
Would you take in game currency?
Free DLC?
(Insert character Here) ?

Or would you never, ever, ever, touch casual mode under any circumstances?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
If you mean having to deal with bullshit gear exploits that are sure to exist and not be properly balanced, then I know exactly what it would take for me to try it out every now and then, instead of just a pure and unedited base game

Bane's super-venom gear, because hitting for like 80% in a three hit combo is hilarious.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
When I don't feel like labbing or learn mus, I'll run the gear to screw with people

Plus, I've always liked RPGs and armor pieces, so its a nice passtime.

Last edited:

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I don't plan on touching that mode lol. Time could change, but I don't really see a point. In fact I comes off as counter productive.

Thingy

Retired account
I will play gear matches when I am in the mood to mess around and not take things so serious. I am actually glad that they are doing gear because it adds another layer to the game; kind of like tag team did for MK9.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I planning on mainly playing Competitive Mode, but I'll try Casual every now and then to use a new ability or something.

I'm sure if I would unlock Captain Cold's ice platform thingy, that I would want to play a few matches with it at least.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'm not convinced "causal mode" isn't going to be it's own kind of competitive. It may not be for tournaments, but I think there are going to people in that side of things that take stat manipulation very seriously and approach it as scientifically as they can. That camp may burn out faster, but I'm not going to be surprised if it's brutal and unkind place in there.

I'm wondering what kind of dynamic the competitive mode divide is going to create. I don't see competitive mode people having any significant respect for someone playing with gear, and I don't see gear aficionados caring what competitive mode people think.

I'm especially curious as to what it means for the "enthusiast" player group. People like me that do potentially spend hundreds of hours playing but just aren't talented enough to be challenging in the competitive sense. If competitive mode ends up being a 1%er's club then I might end up in gear town even though I'd rather not play that way.

Of course, I have a lot of anxiety about playing online so I'll probably end up playing the CPU in my case. I think it will still be interesting to see what happens since this is something we've not seen before.