What's new

What Will Happen After Winter Brawl?

sn1kzZe

Noob
Will KDZ stay hungry for a win at the next EVO or lose motivation seeing as it took him several months before regaining the same hunger to win a major?

the idea is that with this win KDZ validates his EVO2013 win, meaning no one can argue anymore that it was "pre patch" and post patch he hasn't done anything.

so even if he doesn't win the next EVO his previous one is legit because of WB8 win, makes sense?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's a good thing, because it likely is a huge encouragement to keep grinding and not fall behind. Pretty sure this is just a glimpse of what we'll see from him at EVO.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Of course! It builds the "Return of The King"/'Shades of Carl White" storyline heading into EVO.

TBH if anyone had one Top 8 it would have been a good thing, so many stories/blow ups/hold thats would have been had in any variation of the placings in that Top 8. In fact the fact that all those players made it to Top 8 was good for the community.

sn1kzZe

Noob
Of course! It builds the "Return of The King"/'Shades of Carl White" storyline heading into EVO.

TBH if anyone had one Top 8 it would have been a good thing, so many stories/blow ups/hold thats would have been had in any variation of the placings in that Top 8. In fact the fact that all those players made it to Top 8 was good for the community.
that's exactly what I was going for, PL took a break so he can recapture EVO, but this is different.

I'm just going by what I see, it seems KDZ never lacked the skills, just the motivation to grind post patch, I'm just saying winners always need to find new ways to motivate themselves.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Is it good for someone to win a tournament? Yes? No? I don't even know what that question entails.

What I do know is that a tournament player doesn't lose their hunger to win which equates to no motivation lost. I'm pretty sure KDZ falls in that area.

EDIT: title of thread changed.....post now less relevant.

Short answer:
....Yes.

Long answer:
Prior post patch tournaments like NEC and KIT gave the community what I think we really needed to see at that time. We needed to see that Superman was no longer going to forever rule over this game with an S tier Iron hand. We needed to see him get beat down.
WB8 proved that Supeman is still a strong contender in the game (something a lot of people already agreed on)....but more importantly it showed some of us something I wasn't sure was even possible: Superman can *actually* be hype to watch.

Last edited:

sn1kzZe

Noob
It's literally marketing 101 styled (and obviously its different from click baiting because I raised a legitimate concern), power trip much

REO

Undead
Can people stop comparing KDZ to PL? PL didn't win any major after he won EVO 2011 until EVO 2012.

KDZ won TFC after he won EVO 2013. On top of that, he just won another major just now. (Winter Brawl).

"Shades of Carl White" would mean not winning any major after EVO, and then winning EVO again.

sn1kzZe

Noob
EDIT: title of thread changed.....post now less relevant.

Short answer:
....Yes.

Long answer:
Prior post patch tournaments like NEC and KIT gave the community what I think we really needed to see at that time. We needed to see that Superman was no longer going to forever rule over this game with an S tier Iron hand. We needed to see him get beat down.
WB8 proved that Supeman is still a strong contender in the game (something a lot of people already agreed on)....but more importantly it showed some of us something I wasn't sure was even possible: Superman can *actually* be hype to watch.
I think the problem is supe himself has boring design, and his best tools besides the dive move all have boring animations, it was more hype to watch because KDZ was brought up as a heavy underdog, sonicfox looked unstoppable and the commentators commenting on his "yolo" style every 2 sec added more feeling to how helpless KDZ was.

I doubt if the next tournament you will see a dominating superman it will look hype, the character itself is boring imo.

sn1kzZe

Noob
Can people stop comparing KDZ to PL? PL didn't win any major after he won EVO 2011 until EVO 2012.

KDZ won TFC after he won EVO 2013. On top of that, he just won another major just now. (Winter Brawl).

"Shades of Carl White" would mean not winning any major after EVO, and then winning EVO again.
that's exactly the point tho, if he now goes on to win evo2014 you can THEN say stop comparing, but I was asking if winning majors in between won't hinder his hunger for another evo

REO

Undead
that's exactly the point tho, if he now goes on to win evo2014 you can THEN say stop comparing, but I was asking if winning majors in between won't hinder his hunger for another evo
If KDZ won EVO again I wouldn't "just compare him to PL". I would say KDZ has done something no one in the NRS community has done before - Win multiple stacked majors in the same year along with EVO.

KDZ would be his own entity.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Why the fuck anyone at this point would have against KDZ or trying to comparing with PL anyway? thank go the thread tittle was reformulated btw.