What's new

What was the name of your local arcade?

Tremloc

Noob
Well shit man. Game, we must. Pm me dude. I really gotta find some offline action, can't go to fight club cuz o' work. Plus the MK turnout there is....lack luster to say the least.
-b_s- :headbang:
Have you checked out house of goons? I go there and get my ass kicked for like 4 hours about once a month on Friday.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Have you checked out house of goons? I go there and get my ass kicked for like 4 hours about once a month on Friday.
Actually probably going to start going there. Just got a new job in Dallas, so getting off at midnight and going to get bodied seems well within my grasp. :D

Tremloc

Noob
Actually probably going to start going there. Just got a new job in Dallas, so getting off at midnight and going to get bodied seems well within my grasp. :D

grats on the new job. We'll meet at goons for sure. I'll probably go after the patch cause I wanna see some of TB's new sub zero tech.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Also had UMK3 machine at my local bowling alley, victory lanes(now closed.) :( in between bowling in my leagues, I'd play some UMK3! :) Good times

SlickDicMagnum

Mustacheality!
I had three near where I lived in Maine. The biggest one and the one with all the newest games was called the Dream Machine. There was another smaller one called Alladin's Castle. And finally I used to hit the sticks at this bowling alley called, Spare Time (see what they did there???) :D

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
Back where I grew up (Lausanne, Switzerland), where had one called The Las Vegas. I remember pool tables, MvC1/2, SF2, 3rd Strike, some Virtua Tennis games, Crazy Taxi, Deytona USA, Time Crisis, and some old school stuff. I heard that place closed down. >_>

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
My local was actually a Quasar (laser tag) place that happened to have an arcade in it. It must have made so much more money than quasar! This was probably back in 1994. In fact it definitely was as they had a Killer Instinct machine and part of the 'attract' sequence was 'Coming to your home in 1995, only on Nintendo Ultra64!' It wasn't even close to the arcade though lol.

Machines of note were:

Ridge Racer
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Killer Instinct 1 & 2
Virtua Fighter
Puzzle de Pon
Metal Slug
Sonic Blastman (The punching one)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Ah fun times, I miss arcade and as good (or bad) as on-line gaming can be, it's not the same. I met some of my best friends there too.

:)