What's new

Question What type of player are you?

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
Rush down, turtle, defensive, mixup/jack of trades, punisher, big damage defensive player...? I thinks it's cool that we have so many players who use the same characters but all have different play styles. Me, I consider myself the "rush down-punisher", simply because I like to be aggressive but then back up out of your reach and punish you for either trying to dash in or whiffing your attack. Everyone has a way that they like to use their character as long as you get the W there's nothing wrong about it right?

What's the MU that bothers you the most knowing you have to play differently from the way you normally do?

I hate the Kitana Reptile MU, one can only throw fans for so long and be able to tolerate it.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
everyday i might play a different style, but for the most part im a big damage defensive mixupper... lol that cant be right!
i really need to learn how to deal with sonya, you can keep her out only for so long because of ex cartwheel... then she doesnt even have to use it! she could d4 ms into a mixup!!

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I'm an extremely defensive Mileena player that prefers to frustrate opponents, using pokes/sais, into jumping or using a move that can be punished on reaction by telekick or roll. I think there are a few reasons for this. Above all else, I'm an extremely indecisive and analytical player who doesn't like taking too many risks. Because of these qualities, and my ability to read people very well, I'm at my best as a reactive force opposed to a proactive force.

With that said, I'd say my least favorite matchup is unquestionably Kenshi. In fact, it's the only matchup in which I simply use another character. Mileena can't really dictate the pace against Kenshi and he has more than enough tools to stuff just about all of her approach options. You're left taking too many risks and I have to start playing in a style that doesn't suit me whatsoever.

On the flipside though, I've always felt at home in the Kung Lao matchup. Most Mileenas hate the guy and have historically cited him as a pretty bad match; however, while I certainly don't love KL, I've had a lot of success against great KL players and I think it's almost entirely because of my extremely defensive and vigilant playstyle.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
I like balance in all aspects, even if that means I won't be exceptional in any.
I see myself as a potentially really strong player because of this, and have tasted success enough to know when i'm doing things right.
I very much hate losing to a style of play, and in my mind I should be able to handle any specific game plan. I'd much rather read my opponent than ignore their shenanigans and beat them with my own.

In MK9 I noticed how well i was improving in individual aspects from playing different characters and learning their respective limits. This gives me a good comparison to my main and keeps everything in perspective.

SZSR

Noob
I really like playing aggressively especially guys like Johnny Cage, I can't stand just sitting back. For some reason though I play Smoke.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
These days, having one playstyle alone just won't cut it. You can have preferences, but need to be able to fall back on other options if it should become necessary.

That said, I prefer to play a counter-style against the heavy aggressors.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Im a grappler first and foremost.
When grappling isnt an option, its just a matter of what character im connected with.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I try to mix it up with a healthy balance of rush down and safe zoning. I think if I had to pick a category to label my self it'd be "punisher". I love walking back/dashing back and just demolishing a whiffed attack/special. I've been playing so much Jade lately that I've developed a punisher's mindset. Sometimes I find it difficult opening up opponents with pokes and what not...I'd rather let my opponents reach a certain level of impatience and wait for them to make a mistake.

I suffer against severe turtlers or people who are constantly retreating, moving constantly, and seemingly just throwing out randomness around every corner. If I can't get a read on how you play or what your strategy is...I'm fucked.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
my playstyle is hard to pin down because i'll purposely change it even round to round. i can be agressive 1 round and turtle the next. Instead i might even play a bait/punish type of game next round. All with characters u wouldn't expect it from.

Flagg

Noob
It depends on who you are and who you are fighting.

I favour rushing down, but if you're CSZ and Kano against Cage, that isn't always an option, so you have to play a much more spacing/punish game in that example.

I know some players like hitting standing resets in combos, where as I prefer going for maximum damage.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I would call myself the strategist. Every match I go into, every round I go into, I have a set plan and idea on how I am going to win, whether it includes extreme rush, or running away or a switch between the two or whatever. oftentimes I will even have a planned out sequence of mix ups so if everything goes well I can plan out my next sequence or round, staying one step ahead. . Therefor I don't really like matches like kung Lao where strategy can sometimes just go out the window due to the sheer speed of play. However I worked really hard on it a couple months ago and itdoesn'treally bother me anymore

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
hit or miss really i try to be aggresive and overwhelm people , playing like this gives me good reactions and mostly i punish properly , it also gets me killed by characters like sub zero or smoke , i still feel i play pretty well considering this is my first real fighting game :)