What's new

Question - Full Auto What to do against Liu Kang?

E

Eldriken

As the title suggests, what the hell do I do against Liu Kang as Full Auto? Or hell, ANY of her variations. It's not that Liu Kang is beating Full Auto due to her specials in the variation or anything. It seems that everything Liu has that's worth using CANNOT be challenged by any of Jacqui's normals.

I think the only thing that Jacqui can do is check Liu Kang with an s1 after a blocked d3. Big whoop...

You can't poke after any of his other pressure because his frame data on his normals >>>>>> all of ours.

I personally feel this is easily one of Jacqui's worst MUs in the game because Liu can pressure for days (God help you if he uses Flame Fist) and there's really not a whole lot we can do about it.

Every single time I play @EMPR_MURK, he pretty much just gets to press whatever buttons he wants because he knows that Jacqui can't do anything about it. He even checked her frame data and was like, "lolnope can't really do anything, bruh".

Anyone have any tips?

@Pan1cMode
@karaokelove
@WidowPuppy
@General M2Dave
@SaltShaker

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I said this a while back, and that was before the Flame Fist Buff of Death.

MU is ass. Zone him? Get blown up. Footsies? Get blown up. Up close? Get blown up. There's no part of the MU that there's an advantage. I refuse to use Jacqui in this MU anymore.

Only things that actually worked consistently for me are after landing a low poke I can B2 for combo, so when he starts blocking high I can Kara cancel to B4 lows for 50/50's. It actually helps him from swarming me more in this MU than most others because of his moveset and if he guessed wrong I can get high damage. I also do the 1 12 1234 etc on block more in this MU since his low starter gets crushed by it if he throws it out after block, but that's depending on how the Liu plays.

Damn that's about it. This MU is rough. One of her worst easy.

E

Eldriken

Liu Kang is starting a trend here on TYM. You know what that means...

Who's next on the list after Tanya I wonder?... :DOGE
I've always had an issue with him, even before his buffs. =P

I said this a while back, and that was before the Flame Fist Buff of Death.

MU is ass. Zone him? Get blown up. Footsies? Get blown up. Up close? Get blown up. There's no part of the MU that there's an advantage. I refuse to use Jacqui in this MU anymore.

Only things that actually worked consistently for me are after landing a low poke I can B2 for combo, so when he starts blocking high I can Kara cancel to B4 lows for 50/50's. It actually helps him from swarming me more in this MU than most others because of his moveset and if he guessed wrong I can get high damage. I also do the 1 12 1234 etc on block more in this MU since his low starter gets crushed by it if he throws it out after block, but that's depending on how the Liu plays.

Damn that's about it. This MU is rough. One of her worst easy.
I'm probably gonna have to pick up someone else entirely to stand a chance against this stupid ass clown. =P Jason sure as shit isn't gonna cut it either.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm probably gonna have to pick up someone else entirely to stand a chance against this stupid ass clown. =P Jason sure as shit isn't gonna cut it either.
That would probably be your best bet. I go like 7-20 with Jacqui vs Liu and like 20-17 with Tanya vs Liu against the same person offline. MU couldn't be more ass. Def better off alt'ing this one if you can.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
You can armor through stuff special canceled after his Windmill Punches. Hella risky though with our amazing death on block armor moves. Can't zone vs him, his low profiling fireballs make the trades in his favor. He's safe as hell with insane chip [now], leads me to F1 into throws a lot. Throw punish all his safe sh!t, this should help open him up later on. Basically everything Saltshaker suggested... Pressure strings into HC, stagger strings into F1 throws and cross up 50/50's.

And, I haven't fought that many Liu's cause online is bad for your health, and I don't know anyone that plays him offline VS me... YET. Sure that will change if he stays this way. I used to just low block everything and stand block after the two jabs, patiently waiting for my turn to make him guess. Now you can die blocking this mofo.

Wish I had a better answer but with Liu being so strong up close, you would think the answer would be to play the runaway game and zone him to death, but... Nope.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
That was always one of my worst MUs before I dropped Jacqui. He just blows her up at every range. Even after the buffs, she's still pretty unusable. I went back to her last night after having played nothing but Jax for quite a while, and it was like going from Sonya to Kano in MK9. Her limbs are just too short and her pokes are just too awful. If she had a decent d4 then she could at least keep people in check, but as it stands she's a garbage character in a game full of godly characters.

E

Eldriken

That was always one of my worst MUs before I dropped Jacqui. He just blows her up at every range. Even after the buffs, she's still pretty unusable. I went back to her last night after having played nothing but Jax for quite a while, and it was like going from Sonya to Kano in MK9. Her limbs are just too short and her pokes are just too awful. If she had a decent d4 then she could at least keep people in check, but as it stands she's a garbage character in a game full of godly characters.
I didn't know you dropped her. =O

As much as I love her, she just suffers in too many areas that other characters don't. She can't get her pressure started for free because her jump-in punches suck and from what I've noticed, if you have a good ji1/2 then you can start your pressure for free unless someone AAs/armors you.

I just don't know who to use. :|

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I didn't know you dropped her. =O

As much as I love her, she just suffers in too many areas that other characters don't. She can't get her pressure started for free because her jump-in punches suck and from what I've noticed, if you have a good ji1/2 then you can start your pressure for free unless someone AAs/armors you.

I just don't know who to use. :|
Predator.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Use that one punching normal that goes pretty far, idk what it is but I played a Jacqui that would do that and I would go for a low poke and he'd back up and whiff punish and blow me up. D3 is good for you guys in this MU since it has good range and is fast enough to beat f44 after a blocked d3. For zoning it's basically who ever gets the life lead can start zoning and win. Also liu has some slow ass pokes so try your best to stagger strings.

I admit I have no idea what jacqui really does but I'm pretty sure Dragon's fire beats her 6-4 thanks to pressure for days and being able to get in for free with MB bicycle kick.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Liu is my 3rd, This MU is pretty free imo even when I'm playing Dualist..
with the low profile fireball buff zoning became in his favor (it was even-ish before), now your only real option is to play "footsies" but seeing as you both have good walkspeed and he has way better buttons it's not exactly fun for Jacqui..

Personally I like Shotgun against Liu just coz it gives you something that reaches him in the footsies/close range zone unlike all of Jacqui's normals that barely reach the end of her nose..

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
D3 is good for you guys in this MU since it has good range and is fast enough to beat f44 after a blocked d3.
Jacqui's d3 has terribad range. It's a pretty shitty normal.

Other than being completely yolo and attempting armour at random points, I really don't know what to do in this MU. You have to make the approach, and he can get in for free whenever he wants ._. Just try and corner him and blow him up with damaging stuff I guess?

Her jump in punches fuckin suuuuck... Bad! It's funny cuz even zoning with her is a chore, you need to put the input at the exact right window or she won't shoot. Even with all that I don't feel to bad for ya! You probably cause alot of frustration for the rest of the cast! Lol

This is def a hard matchup. I have a friend I play offline who uses Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist. You guys pretty much said it all though: her counterpoking game is trash/10, he can now duck her machine gun with his fireball so now he wins everywhere on the screen. Idk I'm almost tempted to say pick shotgun & just vortex him to death but then she can't AA. This just seems like a matchup where you can't make any mistakes.

Use that one punching normal that goes pretty far, idk what it is but I played a Jacqui that would do that and I would go for a low poke and he'd back up and whiff punish and blow me up. D3 is good for you guys in this MU since it has good range and is fast enough to beat f44 after a blocked d3. For zoning it's basically who ever gets the life lead can start zoning and win. Also liu has some slow ass pokes so try your best to stagger strings.

I admit I have no idea what jacqui really does but I'm pretty sure Dragon's fire beats her 6-4 thanks to pressure for days and being able to get in for free with MB bicycle kick.
I think the normal you're referring to is her f1. It's def her best normal for whiff punishing. So I'd say stay outside his f4 range while whiff punishing it with f12 & punish everything unsafe that he does.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Whiff punish with f1 which is a 16f move? Hell naw. =P
It's up to you to use it or no. Liu might have really strong normals like f44 and b12 but they take forever to recover, and outside of those moves he has trex arms.

Also why do you guys say d3 sucks? It's fast and had better range than most d3s...

E

Eldriken

It's up to you to use it or no. Liu might have really strong normals like f44 and b12 but they take forever to recover, and outside of those moves he has trex arms.

Also why do you guys say d3 sucks? It's fast and had better range than most d3s...
It sucks against Liu, that's for sure. He gets a free d1 check every single time after blocking one. You can't jump over it or press any other buttons afterwards if he decides to check you with d1. Your only option is to armor through it and since Jacqui has no armored launchers, what's the point? You would just be back to square one again.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
It sucks against Liu, that's for sure. He gets a free d1 check every single time after blocking one. You can't jump over it or press any other buttons afterwards if he decides to check you with d1. Your only option is to armor through it and since Jacqui has no armored launchers, what's the point? You would just be back to square one again.
9 frames D1, neither characters have armored launchers, and it only makes sense that d3 is checked by d1. It's a called a counter poking game for a reason.

Not trying to say you have it easy in this MU, but it's not as bad as you think.

E

Eldriken

9 frames D1, neither characters have armored launchers, and it only makes sense that d3 is checked by d1. It's a called a counter poking game for a reason.

Not trying to say you have it easy in this MU, but it's not as bad as you think.
I know it's a counter poking game. But Jacqui CANNOT poke back anything that Liu does except for an s1 after blocking his d3. That's the only time we can poke him unless he does something unsafe and someone that plays Liu like Murk does, he doesn't do unsafe shit hardly ever.

But yes, it is as bad as I think it is. He beats us in every aspect except for meterless damage. But what good is that when you're unable to open them up? Even Murk agrees that this is probably one of Jacqui's worst MUs in the game. Him and I were talking and after me raging for a bit and deciding to stop playing for a bit to calm down, he went into practice and took a look at her frame data and said, "Yep, you have no options." The only one he came up with was the aforementioned checking him with an s1 after blocking a d3.