What's new

Question What to do after a blocked Ex Fan?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
The fame data says she's at +4.
I usually d1 or jump back.

But is there more she can do?
Like throw mix ups or like go in for pressure

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
With the pushback it gives, all you're really guaranteed is d1. You can try for a throw if you're player 1. The problem with d1 is that if you're fighting someone like Reptile, Liu, or Johnny Cage, the followups can both be blown up on read. Sometimes the dash out of cancelling is long enough to eat your advantage up, which will basically leave you at neutral anyway. If you're fighting someone with really slow normals, you can also try for b3.

I wouldn't try it on purpose.
Most of the times, you can tell when not to do an ex fan and cancel into cutter or 212, etc.

If you like this gimmick, maybe try 21, but im wondering if she's +4 after she dashes in or out. Does she lose frames during her dash? Somberness

Somberness

Lights
I wouldn't try it on purpose.
Most of the times, you can tell when not to do an ex fan and cancel into cutter or 212, etc.

If you like this gimmick, maybe try 21, but im wondering if she's +4 after she dashes in or out. Does she lose frames during her dash? Somberness
Of course, the longer you dash, the more advantage you lose.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Whenever I fuck up and decide to commit to the ex fan because my mind forgot how to hit confirm, I cancel into a jump back fan. For some reason people have decided to try a crossover almost every time this has happened.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You can do whatever you want. Just try to figure out their favorite reactions. My first instinct is to jump in because the average player will stay blocking and won't be ready to AA. Also if they try to jump you can catch them in an air to air. If they're aware of this and will be looking to AA you then that's when you can dash up and do your mixup.