What's new

Question What to do about backdashing on wakeup

My friend plays flash and every time he wakes up he will backdash and i feel like i can't do anything. It just instantly breaks any pressure i had because every option I can think of whiffs.

What do?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
My friend plays flash and every time he wakes up he will backdash and i feel like i can't do anything. It just instantly breaks any pressure i had because every option I can think of whiffs.

What do?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
okay so if you read he will do it literally walk forward for a little when hes on the ground until you are walking over his body and when you know he will back dash just do a jumpin, like walk forwards then jump forward, and then splash should hit him or atleast on block, once he's afraid of that you can level 3 venom and command throw his ass :)

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i've said it multiple times but i'll say it again.

Command grab beats backdash.

i've said it multiple times but i'll say it again.

Command grab beats backdash.
How can you get the CPU to back dash on wakeup so you can try and practice it? The timing has to be absolutely perfect to get it. I've caught a few back dashes with cmd grab. It feels like it only works on some characters.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Knockdowns in this game create a giant mixup. But it sounds like he'd just doing the same thing over and over again. Why don't you just punish him for it?

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Command Grab will get backdashers if you dash with them and go into the Body Press. I would say you could get him with a Rage Charge or a F2d as well.

You can't catch a backdash off a tech roll with a command grab. You can get them on untechable knockdowns. You'd have to dash forward again.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
You can beat back dash with proper command grab timings post knockdown. It may have invincible frames but it's very brief

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2