What's new

General/Other - Shaolin What This Patch Was Missing For Shaolin

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Okay guys Kung Jin got an awesome buff for Shaolin making his low chakram low profile and in a crouch state.

He now beats high projectiles and becomes a much better zoner since you have to respect his low chakram even more.

I have been calling for a buff on his frame advantage on mb (either) Chakram lately and didn't get it so I will explain why it can help him become a better all around character.

In this game, there are 4 characters with boomerang projectiles - Mournful Kitana, Kobu Jitsu Tanya, Hat Trick Lao and Shaolin Kung Jin. None of these (that I'm aware of) give you any advantage on block if meter burned but here's the issue with that...Kitana and Tanya can both move before their boomerang returns back to them so they have time to get in and begin pressure, Kung Lao has some of the best movement in the game so he can get in quickly and Kung Jin...well, KJ is notoriously slow and he has to wait until his Chakram gets back to him so he can put it in the holster and then he can run in.

ShaoJin does NOT have ANY viable strings that result in plus frames on block and I get low 30s on metered combo with low/oh starter and mid 30s with 7 frame 221. I believe the fact that KJ doesn't have great damage nor is he at advantage with any normals...nor does he have the speed to run in and begin pressure at even mid screen mb chakram... is exactly why his mb chakram needs to have advantage on block.

So here is my chakram buffs that I feel ShaoJin needs and one or two that I want.

Need:
Low chakram +2 on hit, up from 0
Mb Low chakram a few removed frames of recovery.
Mb straight chakram +4 on block, up from 0
Fix flipkick hit box to always hard knockdown opponent. (Has issue if opponent is too close, it'll go over opponent and barely clip the back of their head where they suffer from a few frames of hit stun and then full punish)

Wants:
A string that pops up that doesnt push them half screen like f2d1
Increase damage scaling for mb straight chakram to match mb low chakram scaling

What do you guys think? Asking for too much?
Well Quan got an overhead that leads to 47% meterless and 57% one bar so think about that first.

AlhiM

Noob
"Kung Jin (Shaolin) – Low Chakram now sets hit state to ducking
Kung Jin (Shaolin) – Removed a blocking gap from BP, BP"

did anyone noticed the difference after the patch?

Last edited:

FinalBoss_FGC

"Kung Jin (Shaolin) – Low Chakram now sets hit state to ducking
Kung Jin (Shaolin) – Removed a blocking gap from BP, BP"

did anyone noticed the difference after the patch?
Can you duck high projectiles like Kitana's fan with a low chakram?

Error404

Noob
First of all yeah it's ok for reo , because Jason sucks. Second of all quan getting buffed is ridiculous and should not be used as an example of balance. So no.

I wouldn't have any problems with any of these buffs that you are requesting for shaolin jin...most of them are ideal and are some that I have been thinking to myself that would greatly benefit him.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Okay guys Kung Jin got an awesome buff for Shaolin making his low chakram low profile and in a crouch state.

He now beats high projectiles and becomes a much better zoner since you have to respect his low chakram even more.

I have been calling for a buff on his frame advantage on mb (either) Chakram lately and didn't get it so I will explain why it can help him become a better all around character.

In this game, there are 4 characters with boomerang projectiles - Mournful Kitana, Kobu Jitsu Tanya, Hat Trick Lao and Shaolin Kung Jin. None of these (that I'm aware of) give you any advantage on block if meter burned but here's the issue with that...Kitana and Tanya can both move before their boomerang returns back to them so they have time to get in and begin pressure, Kung Lao has some of the best movement in the game so he can get in quickly and Kung Jin...well, KJ is notoriously slow and he has to wait until his Chakram gets back to him so he can put it in the holster and then he can run in.

ShaoJin does NOT have ANY viable strings that result in plus frames on block and I get low 30s on metered combo with low/oh starter and mid 30s with 7 frame 221. I believe the fact that KJ doesn't have great damage nor is he at advantage with any normals...nor does he have the speed to run in and begin pressure at even mid screen mb chakram... is exactly why his mb chakram needs to have advantage on block.

So here is my chakram buffs that I feel ShaoJin needs and one or two that I want.

Need:
Low chakram +2 on hit, up from 0
Mb Low chakram a few removed frames of recovery.
Mb straight chakram +4 on block, up from 0
Fix flipkick hit box to always hard knockdown opponent. (Has issue if opponent is too close, it'll go over opponent and barely clip the back of their head where they suffer from a few frames of hit stun and then full punish)

Wants:
A string that pops up that doesnt push them half screen like f2d1
Increase damage scaling for mb straight chakram to match mb low chakram scaling

What do you guys think? Asking for too much?
Well Quan got an overhead that leads to 47% meterless and 57% one bar so think about that first.
decreasing recovery on chakrams would be a huge help. An example of how the recovery is a major issue is when you are fighting sub zero, throw a chakram and then due to the heavy recovery you cannot then block in time to block his iceball. This happens even when sub throws the iceball significantly after you throw the chakram. Being able to block more effectively in those exchanges would be ideal.

Also, isn't his high chakram extremely negative on hit? I never understood that.

Parasurama

Dragon
decreasing recovery on chakrams would be a huge help. An example of how the recovery is a major issue is when you are fighting sub zero, throw a chakram and then due to the heavy recovery you cannot then block in time to block his iceball. This happens even when sub throws the iceball significantly after you throw the chakram. Being able to block more effectively in those exchanges would be ideal.

Also, isn't his high chakram extremely negative on hit? I never understood that.

Negative is ok I think but we should be plus on block with ex chakram. Also the ex cartwheel plus would help with pressure and mix ups, until then ex arrow is best for that purpose. It would be meter dependent like other characters.

FinalBoss_FGC

Anybody can do it for Jason cause he's bottom 3, nobody should do it for KJ cause he's faaaaaar from bottom 3.
Sorry but in this game that logic is flawed.

Bottom 3 means still viable since bottom 3 is prolly Kenshi, Jason, Goro.

You don't play Kung Jin so I really don't know how you can address if he needs something or not. Right now I am using different ways to pressure successfully. I think KJ should have a right to do chip damage in the corner and I should be able to get in on hit with mb chakram like every other boomerang projectile character but I can't.