What's new

Question What song do you listen to during your tournament matches?

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
YOOOO totally forgot

I listen to Glamorous by Fergie an hour before it starts. That shit gets me feeling fresh

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
I've been starting to listen to music more often than not just to keep my head clear. Unless I know I need to hear my team-mates yelling something to me.

I normally listen to anything by my favorite band Wednesday 13, since it gets me pumped up and keeps my nerves calm.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
By experience I tell you, learn to focus without the need of music. It's hard to learn but music has some breaks in the song that will force you to hear people in the background at times. It costed me a match at SCR last year :'(

Now I can play without music no problem, I focus so well no matter where.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
From personal experience, some hudson mohawke stuff is really good at getting me hyped.
Also for rap something like Nas-War Is Necessary is really dope to listen to.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Usually I groove to anything without lyrics. Just music helps me focus a lot better. Nothing really specific either, though I've grown fond of instrumentals recently.

myri

Time Warrior
Tekken 4 OST - best fighting game soundtrack ever in my opinion, gets pretty hype (plus the nostalgia factor).

Tekken 4: Original Soundtrack:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I usually listen to progressive, my last find is Atlantis by Nightcall, witch is beyond amazing.

some of my old games are:

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
To be honest, music doesn't help everyone, like for example I tried to listen to music during my tournament matches and I played exponentially worse since my body was trying to play to the rhythm of the song instead of focusing on the game, I found it very distracting. I felt awesome while playing yeah but I was playing terribly. Music only helps some people get in the zone and play better, the thing that gets people in the zone is unique to everyone. Sometimes it's music, sometimes its talking, sometimes its meditation, sometimes it's getting angry, sometimes it is being hungry or full etc. Etc.