What's new

What should I do Sonya community?

Should I main sonya once again?

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I suck thats why I dont do it #emo
Allow me, a kenshi player, to teach you fundamentals :)

***See by you not coming this is the stuff you misse :( we could have had so much fun

Glad to hear you didnt risk it driving through the awful weather, glad to know you choose to be safe (JUST LIKE S O N Y A ) :p

Pig Of The Hut

I also thijk its funny that curbo thinks he can just puck up any character and get top 8, you def proved that at nec

Sonya is an amazing character andvhands down the safest in the game. But her specials and normals dont make reads for you. Let ne know how it works out for ya when top playees are blowing up wiff d4 and interrupt ing the mickey mouse string most Sonya players abuse.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
^^showtime vs curbo is hype

i love it

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I also thijk its funny that curbo thinks he can just puck up any character and get top 8, you def proved that at nec

Sonya is an amazing character andvhands down the safest in the game. But her specials and normals dont make reads for you. Let ne know how it works out for ya when top playees are blowing up wiff d4 and interrupt ing the mickey mouse string most Sonya players abuse.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
You knew my situation at NEC don't give me that shit. I mained sonya the longest and know/have experience with most of her shit the longest next to Riu48. My kabal is top notch. Its unfortunate that I couldn't do anything at NEC but lemme tell you one thing, READ THE WHOLE POST. When I mained sonya I never came in with d4, its used for a whiff punishing or pressure tool. NOT A WAY TO APPROACH YOUR OPPONENT. The reason why sonya players think Kenshi-sonya is 8-2 kenshi favor because they are acting like flames and come in with d4. No shit your gonna get whiff punished for a d4 if thats all you use to approach your opponent.

Pig Of The Hut

You knew my situation at NEC don't give me that shit. I mained sonya the longest and know/have experience with most of her shit the longest next to Riu48. My kabal is top notch. Its unfortunate that I couldn't do anything at NEC but lemme tell you one thing, READ THE WHOLE POST. When I mained sonya I never came in with d4, its used for a whiff punishing or pressure tool. NOT A WAY TO APPROACH YOUR OPPONENT. The reason why sonya players think Kenshi-sonya is 8-2 kenshi favor because they are acting like flames and come in with d4. No shit your gonna get whiff punished for a d4 if thats all you use to approach your opponent.
real talk man Showtime is best sonya ive played in the kenshi MU as well as blake

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
You know what I find ironic?

Around when you first met me, I was one of those who preached for the longest that Sonya vs. Kenshi was COMPLETELY impossible for Sonya.

Now, I eagerly welcome the chance to devour Kenshis with her. :D

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?

Around when you first met me, I was one of those who preached for the longest that Sonya vs. Kenshi was COMPLETELY impossible for Sonya.

Dude I'm telling ya I don't think its that bad at all. I think it could be even but I'll leave it at 6-4 kenshi for now because that is what everyone is contempted with saying.

Pig Of The Hut

but you say kitana is harder than kenshi

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
but you say kitana is harder than kenshi
For me, she is. At least Kenshi doesn't have an ass dash which gets him away from me every time. -___-

Maybe it's because overall, I fight Kenshi more than I do Kitana. Whatever the case, I still hate playing her. I may have to counterpick that bitch with Raiden.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that i've mained Sonya the longest. I remember when Riu48/Foxy mained Cage for months while I was playing her at AZ locals and majors.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Kenshi does not beat Sonya 7-3. Maybe 6-4. Maybe its because I normally fight it with cage all the time, but it doesnt feel bad.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that i've mained Sonya the longest. I remember when Riu48/Foxy mained Cage for months while I was playing her at AZ locals and majors.
I mained her since the game came out until i dropped her but I forgot you went all sonya.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
CURBOLICOUS

All humor aside, I truly do want to see you pick Sonya up again. I don't give a shit if you or anyone else think I'm a bad Sonya player or not, any sort of high-level representation for this character is good enough for me. A Top 8 or a major tournament win for Sonya is long overdue, preferably MLG or EVO if possible.

So if you pick her up, best of luck. And if you stop by PSN, get on my stream or Pig's sometime to showcase that Sonya.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I believe would be a COMPLETE sonya player. Now for anybody who hasn't played F0xy's sonya back when he mained her, hasn't played/seen a complete sonya player.

I used to main sonya and I played her since the game came out and prolly dropped her around Jan 2012 which was prolly a bad idea. She is WAY to good to not make CONSISTENT top 8 finishes. Its freaken ridiculous how bad sonya players are downplaying their character. I almost feel like using her again to prove how stupid she really is.
CURBO you need to start the Sonya bandwagon like you did with Cage. Sonya is broken and OP. I been watching pig of the hut's Sonya on his stream, not a complete Sonya but he bodies everyone with her easy LOL @ K7. Imagine if he went full pledged Sonya like his Kenshi.

Dude your Sonya is crazy I remember you babied me with her :eek:

Then when F0xy picked her up, OMG he was a monster! He played her like Cage, best Sonya and player I've ever played online.

If anyone doesn't believe broken ass Sonya is Top 5, kiss my ass! Time for Curbo to curb-stomp the Sonya downplayers!

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Of all you posted, the only things I never used were ms~b4 and ex cw on crossup (waste of meter IMO, I prefer dash d4~CW). I agree that "patient Sonya" is the way to go. "Confirm before you dive kick or have fun getting your back blown out"

Edit: hmmmm just got an idea, maybe I should look in dash ms~b2 on cross up...that would be dope #IfIWasAJedi

#NOTE
Sonya is a very balanced character that few people understand, her so called "safe" mixups lead to nickel and dime damage. She thrives on gimmicks and has impatient players for breakfast. The only difference between her core game and skarlett's is
skarlett's Overhead = bus driver damage/ unsafe ; Sonya over = shit damage/safe
Scarlet's low = shit damage/safe ; sonya's low =shit damage/ free chip/+1/ safe
Skarlett's armor = 3/4 screen into bus driver damage; Sonya's = barely 1/4 screen into Jade tier damage
Skarlett's block strings = 50% damage ; sonya's = LOL

Stop this up playing Death is right. I believe Sonya is Kitana tier. Go learn the match up.. Whatever... Have fun blowing people up with gimmicks either way I will be happy hearing "Sonya Wins" :)

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
using ex cartwheel on cross-ups is something i PREACH to sonya players, especially to GamerBlake90 and Death

i even saw you using it this weekend at FF during your casuals.

I really don't know why this isn't done. I was doing it to death all night lol.
Showtime use to do it. Until I started doing empty crossover jumps to bait it and block it and let you waste a meter :p

I picked her up recently. By no means am I a good player, but the character has gotten me many a win I didn't deserve with her various broken moves. (I am referring nearly exclusively to ex-cartwheel and MS F1/overhead mixups)