What's new

What Screen do you use playing UMK on the DS?

Im using the top but im wondering if the bottom works better.

Also, is it ok if I just play the game to chill and have fun, and not worry about combos, I don't have enough patience to learn and use them. Am I still accepted in the community? lol

dreemernj

Ambassador
Not doing crazy combos is fine as long as you don't complain when other players do, or drop cause you lose, lol.

I used the top screen since my hands usually partially covered the bottom screen ( the DS is too small :-( )

kartar

Noob
I use the bottom screen just because it's brighter and looks a lot better. I haven't really had any problems with it other than the occasional giant thumb print in the middle of the screen.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
dreemernj said:
Not doing crazy combos is fine as long as you don't complain when other players do, or drop cause you lose, lol.

I used the top screen since my hands usually partially covered the bottom screen ( the DS is too small :-( )
Or maybe you have really, really big hands :p :p

DS PHAT FTR! 8)

Ha, Ha my friend has "E.T. hands" as he always says so it's funny watching him play a DS, not that a PSP is much better...

P.S. I use the top screen, only problem I have sometimes is when I'm shaking duriing gameplay, the screen will tend to "snap" backwards sometimes and I have to put it back really fast lol

Phant

Noob
The Nintendo DS uses separate processors for each screen.

Top Screen - ARM946E-S (ARM9) processor clocked at 67 MHz

Bottom Screen - ARM7TDMI (ARM7) processor clocked at 33 MHz

Weather or not the processor speed of the screens make a noticeable difference in the performance of the game is unknown to me.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Phant said:

Weather or not the processor speed of the screens make a noticeable difference in the performance of the game is unknown to me.
Interesting. Did not know that. TY

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Phant said:

Hmmm...perhaps using the top screen will reduce the slowdown on some stages when playing online. If both players use it, that is. Interesting.

ZAQ

Noob
I used the bottom screen for a long time, but switched a month or so ago.

I think the bottom screen is better because it moves around less when I am hammering run jabs.

I can confirm that there is a lot of difference in lag issues online if you're both using top screen ever since I switched to top screen I've been getting much less lag especially on the river stage and graveyard stages.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I have noticed an improvement in slowdown since moving from bottom to top screen, but it isn't gone by any means.