What's new

What Punishes EX Dash

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I didn't record this working, but Loot can also attest this as well...EX dash is not safe and further down the road, people will be punishing this move like crazy. The gap between the first and second hit is very exploitable.

-Every character can at least do a generic low to poke him out of it.
-Fast uppercuts work.
-Any armored move works...including X-Rays, which are possibly the easiest way to hit Reptile out of the dash cleanly. This would be one of the reasons to save meter vs Reptile for sure.
-Kung Lao = free spin.
-Sub = free clone, but if timed late, he can be hit out of it or it doesn't come out.
-Jade's EX glow works, as it has super armor. But one weird thing I noticed...the move has startup frames...I got the move out but the armor did not work one time. So the armor isn't instant.

I didn't get to test anything else, but everything I listed, for sure, I know works. But there you have it. With this in mind, I do suggest people test out not only other specials that seem suspect, but also test other strings.

Loot

the special effects
That is how we tested it. The first hit was blocked then Reptile was knocked out of the second. Seeing as how Spin and Ice Clone works I'd imagine Superman would break as well.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Superman would 100% work, as it is faster than spin.

Also, I'm pretty sure parries work too.

REYTHEGREAT

I play some matches against a reptile player today and everytime I blocked his dash, I was able to uppercut him. I was using ermac, smoke and cyrax.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Last footage I watched (Winter Brawl I think) somebody beat almost all en-dashes (Detroitballin vs MIT I think). Sad to watch, it was like seeing Sonya uppercut Jax every time he did f41 for the first time (GamerBlake vs Tyrant).

Last footage I watched (Winter Brawl I think) somebody beat almost all en-dashes (Detroitballin vs MIT I think). Sad to watch, it was like seeing Sonya uppercut Jax every time he did f41 for the first time (GamerBlake vs Tyrant).
Yeah, Detroit is a master at cutting it short. There was a set with him vs EGP Wonder_Chef and he d3'd like every one lol

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The gap I believe is 9 frames. Anything below 9 frames works. And I think Superman's start-up frames is either 8 or 10. I wouldn't risk it. Better go for EN Shocker.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The gap I believe is 9 frames. Anything below 9 frames works. And I think Superman's start-up frames is either 8 or 10. I wouldn't risk it. Better go for EN Shocker.
8f

i wonder if sub actually get a clone out to freeze rather than just proximity and being airborne giving him a free pass

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Prepatch was 8 frames I believe, it's 10 now :/
Sub can get the clone to actually come out
technically if you have godlike reactions you can 2,2 him on the way back. Literally a just frame punish (seeing as it takes a frame to turn around).

I still think using exDash is legit in certain areas .... it takes a very good reaction to stuff this.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Cat blew me up for this like nobody else with Kabal EN Nomad Dash.

Tyrant was d3ing every time against Chris G at WB this year.

I'm super good at it but only with Sonya for some reason.

Reactions: Cat

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Cat blew me up for this like nobody else with Kabal EN Nomad Dash.

Tyrant was d3ing every time against Chris G at WB this year.

I'm super good at it but only with Sonya for some reason.
keep in mind Chef
both those guys have/had dedicated Reptile players. It makes a difference.

Qwark there are like... 8 frames to react with ice clone and get the freeze. I'm pretty average and get it online typically. You shoudl be fine.

Reactions: Cat
Johnny Cage:
- d1​
- d3​
- Uppercut​
- Shadow Kick​
- 1,3~Nut Punch​
- EX Nut punch*
Any move 8f or less seems to punish it.
Only works because of invincible frames*

Moves 8f or less seem to punish EX Dash. Liu Kang's parry is the only 9f move I was able to punish EX Dash with.

All armored moves and X-Rays (except CSZ) work because there's a 8-9f gap between first and second hit.

Cage:
-1,3~Nut Punch​
-EX Nut Punch (works because of invincibility)

Liu Kang:
-2,1,3​
-Parry​

Sub-Zero:
-Ice Clone (It must be done out of crouch)
-d4​

Scorpion:
-EX Spear​
-Jump > Teleport​

Jax:
-F4,1,3​

CSZ:
-Ice Parry​

Kung Lao
-Spin​
-2,4​

Ermac:
-Jump > Teleport​

Raiden:
-Teleport > Superman/Dash B3,1,2 (Strict timing)

Kabal:
-Buzzsaw​
-Gas Blast (10f startup but hit box shifts backward)

Kenshi:
-Spirit Charge​

Prepatch was 8 frames I believe, it's 10 now :/
Sub can get the clone to actually come out
The gap is 8f. I found 3 special cases where unarmored moves with more than 8f can punch it.
EX Nut punch because of invincibility
Liu Kang Parry because the hurtbox shifts backward
Kabals Gas Blast because it also shifts backward.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This too, and has a 12f Startup

I'm pretty sure is possible to jump away and whiff punish the last hit at will, or even try something with a jip

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I've been meaning to practice this recently. Too bad if ye give training dummy unlimited meter, he starts playing like an uber spaz. :p

Unless ye have a Rep to regularly train with, this interrupt doesn't come natural.
Yeah. And NubCakes doesn't do it often enough for me to practice it on him. lol.

He's too good man.

Eddy Wang
Any armored move can punish ex dash because there is more than a 2 frame gap.

It's not possible to punish it with jumping normals. If you jump behind him he'll be out of range, and if you jump in from of him he'll hit you with the last hit before your normal connects.