What's new

What pleases you the most when using Kano?

I don't understand why so many people think kano is a poor character. Someone on this thread said "winning with him because he's terrible." Tom Brady says kano is the worst character in the game. I still use kano as a secondary and I've always had success with him. His footsie's are great with zoning and baiting jumps to up ball counter. I really like his pressure game with 2,1,2. Many players view him as a zoner but I've always used him for rush down pressure with 2,1,2 then up ball, 2,1,2 then down 4 ect. Usually all the pressure I'm applying makes the opponent crouch block which is why i like to down 1 poke or down 4 poke in between 2 1 2 sometimes and if I have x ray I'll x ray the crouch block. This is how I play kano and I think he is a fun character.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I don't understand why so many people think kano is a poor character. Someone on this thread said "winning with him because he's terrible." Tom Brady says kano is the worst character in the game. I still use kano as a secondary and I've always had success with him. His footsie's are great with zoning and baiting jumps to up ball counter. I really like his pressure game with 2,1,2. Many players view him as a zoner but I've always used him for rush down pressure with 2,1,2 then up ball, 2,1,2 then down 4 ect. Usually all the pressure I'm applying makes the opponent crouch block which is why i like to down 1 poke or down 4 poke in between 2 1 2 sometimes and if I have x ray I'll x ray the crouch block. This is how I play kano and I think he is a fun character.
Dem online strats

Dem online strats
lol yep its online me personally I'd never use kano at a tournament, I use him strictly as a secondary. At a tournament if I want to pressure someone it'll be cage obviously cage has a ton more depth to his pressure which is why he has the best pressure in the game.

Also my previous post is strategy in general. The MK community loves to bash online, there's good players everywhere. People like to talk trash and act like they all have an elite level of sparing partners and only play offline with all these amazing tournament level friends and then go to majors. A lot of players including myself play online and at local tournaments and I recently competed in my first major at MLG Columbus. I was the same player at the tournaments that I was online, there's good players everywhere.

MaceWind

Crazy 88
At a tournament if I want to pressure someone it'll be cage obviously cage has a ton more depth to his pressure which is why he has the best pressure in the game.
I wouldn't call what Johnny C do as having "depth". He is fundamentally the most simplistic and basic character in the game. If you can F3 and D3 you can use Johnny Cage. Throw in some 11,f1 or a back 3 very once in awhile to "mix" things up. If you really wanna freak em' out, try the 44 nutpunch. It's really hard to get off, but once you've mastered that you can try more advanced pressure strings like F3,2 or adding another 3 for a F33. Do not, I repeat, do not try the F33,B3 until you have mastered his flash kick. :troll:

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
The thing I enjoy the most is that evil laughter after his choke or air grab while he shakes the opponents head. It's hilarious! Especially as a "finishing move" -No charge!

I wouldn't call what Johnny C do as having "depth". He is fundamentally the most simplistic and basic character in the game. If you can F3 and D3 you can use Johnny Cage. Throw in some 11,f1 or a back 3 very once in awhile to "mix" things up. If you really wanna freak em' out, try the 44 nutpunch. It's really hard to get off, but once you've mastered that you can try more advanced pressure strings like F3,2 or adding another 3 for a F33. Do not, I repeat, do not try the F33,B3 until you have mastered his flash kick. :troll:
I consider it depth because there's a lot you can do with cage's pressure like f3,2 crouch 1, or just pressure 212 for juggles or add f3 nut punch for resets, or f3,3 enhanced forceball then more f3, or f33 nut punch into standing 1 1, or jump over punch 1 1 after the nut punch. Compared to kano's 212, poke repeat I'd say that's Superior to kano's pressure in my opinion obviously you're entitled to your opinion

MaceWind

Crazy 88
I consider it depth because there's a lot you can do with cage's pressure like f3,2 crouch 1, or just pressure 212 for juggles or add f3 nut punch for resets, or f3,3 enhanced forceball then more f3, or f33 nut punch into standing 1 1, or jump over punch 1 1 after the nut punch. Compared to kano's 212, poke repeat I'd say that's Superior to kano's pressure in my opinion obviously you're entitled to your opinion
Don't take it personally, I was just venting my dislike for JC. Precisely why I should main him.

Don't take it personally, I was just venting my dislike for JC. Precisely why I should main him.
I didn't. No worries. Interesting you don't like him, why do you want to main him? But anyway back on topic of this thread, kano is nice IMO decent pressure(along with 212, poke; I also like to do 1,1 choke, preferably on block, then more 2,12), good projectile amazing aa move (up ball), powerful (41%) overhead x ray, kano is awesome :)

Flagg

Noob
I still think a lot of people don't know how to fight Kano, which is a advantage in his game.

Most people only seem to play or play against certain characters: Cage, Scorpion, SZ, Raiden, Kitana and Mileena. As a result, most people have a fundamental plan when fighting these guys. You dont see a lot of Kano players. Or Skarlet players. Or Freddy's, and so on, and that goes in their favour.

I don't know if Kano is bottom, he's quite low and has a really hard time against Jade and Noob Saibot of all characters, but he has an easier time against top tier characters than a lot of the cast do. I don't care, I love Kano!

Plop

Noob
the most damaging xray that CAN be combo into unlike jax
Wtf?! How?!
When i do tag matches, i use him with Quan. They work well together. I'll put them in a trance and bring Kano in but i NEVER use Kano's xray when they're in a trance cos the scaling is so absurd

I'll admit I used the word combo loosely. Normally the attack is a throw and you can't end combos with it.
I have how ever ended a combo with f12 X-ray and it linked for 39 damage. It was during an online match. I have never been able to do it in practice mode so yeah, I brought the salt

Flagg

Noob
What pleases me about Kano?

I just like using the character. Yeah he isn't considered the best, but I enjoy using him. I still think he has a decent rush down, his knife is still better than a lot of other characters in the game. Perhaps I should be playing Jax instead, but fuck it...I picked up Kano first and he's one of the few characters I enjoy using.