What's new

What People Think of Raiden

Unreal6S

XBL: Unreal6S
Two words: Lag Tactics

The lone reason why no one respects Raiden. I hate to sound like a broken record but offline; it's a whole different story.
if that's true then it's a damn shame. As a pretty consistent Raiden player, I can say honestly that I hate lag as much as anyone.

Unreal6S

XBL: Unreal6S
i only use Raiden.... I feel like hes very solid but not the best OVERALL...
Same right now, I pretty much only use Raiden cause I don't want to switch until I feel like I've pretty much mastered him (which I know will take a while). I think he could be the best because it doesn't matter how fast or hard you hit, if I'm behind you.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Raiden is great. He has so many tools. I've been maining Raiden now since after Season's Beatings and I can tell you he's the best character in the game or at least one of the best. He can literally escape and punish anything. At the very least he can just escape. This is where skill comes in. You have to react to them with the teleport. His entire shtick is being unpredictable. He has so many good strings, especially after jip that will end at 0 and throw almost anyone off if you're properly mixing it up. He can anti-air pretty much anything and get a full combo. His corner game is absolutely destructive. You can end pretty much any string and be at advantage or at least 0. He has an 10 frame fast advancing special. What else do you want?

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I love to hate that hat toting bastard, mosty because I'm also a hat toting bastard. And my closest, best matches (thus far, I'm still new at this) have come from fighting against him. When I fight a raiden on/offline I hunker down more than any other character. Even made me wanna pick him up as an alt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GhosT

Noob
i only use Raiden.... I feel like hes very solid but not the best OVERALL...
This will sound cliche but here goes, and before i say it you can argue this goes for any character.

I think Raiden in the right hands could easily be the best in the game. I sincerely think what brady mentioned about needing thousands and thousands of match ups vs the same character and while using the same character to understand how to play is correct. And even after knowing that much you still have to have the natural talent of making reads and knowing how to really mix up to put in work with raiden at a high level. I would not be surprised a year or two years from now the good raidens w1zz Pl and even tom, if they keep playing raiden they will only get better and better, maybe then one of those guys can prove with having the natural talent you need to be good at a fighting game along with a ridiculous amount of experience raiden would be hands down the best. But as of now i agree, with you, being a good player but not great raiden (like me) is not top dawg.

Theme

Noob
Raiden is easy to pick up and difficult to master... however, I feel his online game is just pure bullshit. Not punishable whatsoever. Dont even tell me it is. Im no scrub. I have played against my friends Raiden for about 1,000 matches now offline and with him online. Offline, its a bit more lenient, but its stil hard. He forces you to play his mind games. If your sitting there expecting a teleport, he can do countless other things, namely throw bolts at you.

Espio

Kokomo
Thats because most online raidens are predictable. and never block after teleport because they use tele exclusively for offense
Exactly why it can be punished because when these Raidens teleport, they usually initiate a grab or the same generic combo that I believe is slower than Scorpion's 3,3, spear.

I can punish flow chart Raidens with Jade when they teleport with 1,2, shadow kick, but it's only because they literally do the same thing everytime they teleport. Most decent to good Raidens, you're not going to be blowing up consistently for their teleports, especially not online.

Theme

Noob
Exactly. The so called people you are punishing online are probably scrub Raidens. My friend mixes up, and its a total b**** to play against because you literally feel jailed, even from fullscreen...

Theme

Noob
Hes being condescending, ignore him. If anyone think he has mastered Raiden is a scrub. Fighting Raiden online seems so daunting because its hard to react to teleport and superman online. Even offline its hard to punish teleport... but to say hes a scrub character and is 'easy' to play is just plain ignorant.

Edit:

I just read his signature. LOL.

I'm doing a little experiment. I played raiden for like a week when the game first came out and remember most of his basic strings. Gonna see how "easy" it is to just throw him into online play without practicing and knowing little.