What's new

What People Think of Raiden

Unreal6S

XBL: Unreal6S
Based on my experience with ragemail from people who beat my Raiden, and people I beat with Raiden, it seems like people, at least online, don't respect The Thunder God as much as they should. I've thought that it might be just because he sucks to play against, so people might think he's easy to use.

Another thing I've wondered is if he's a very popular character. I've seen the MK9 website which lists the most used characters online over all modes, on which, Skorpion is 1# and Raiden is #2, but I don't see Raiden that much online. Maybe it's cause I always pick him quickly, so some other people choose to be someone else, but I don't really see him very often at all.

Vagrant

Noob
I respect the hell out of Raiden. Cause I know if i block your superman or read your teleport I get a free combo, the midscreen combos he has are average, the corners are pretty wicked but avoidable without question. I think when it comes down to it Raiden is a well rounded and balanced character that's easy to pick up and difficult to master.

it's because of that damn teleport online. you also see no raidens online because they just teleported out of your view, and your connection is lagging.

Vagrant

Noob
I know. I do it online pretty consistently... But 33 is a super quick string so I cant say for other chars

I respect the hell out of Raiden. Cause I know if i block your superman or read your teleport I get a free combo, the midscreen combos he has are average, the corners are pretty wicked but avoidable without question. I think when it comes down to it Raiden is a well rounded and balanced character that's easy to pick up and difficult to master.
Just your average 40% midscreen meterless combos.

If I can predict a tele I can punish him with 22 freeze online... the whole "online is garbage" is a load of bull. I hardly ever experience lag.
Yeah totally. This guy. I think there should be more online tournaments personally.

Unreal6S

Thank You! Cause I've been playing this game for a little over a month and I've mained Raiden the entire time. My ranked record is like 330 wins 150 losses and my true skill is like 32, and I can honestly think Raiden is the second hardest character to master in the game (the first being shang tsung)

Vagrant

Noob
Yeah I get hatemail for vortexing scrubs with scorp online all the time man. laugh at it and continue to improve

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Raiden is a very strong character I would place in the top 3. Shang was harder to master in MK2 than he is in this version.

BT-joe

green is good
I think raiden has many capabilities as a whole. I also main the charater and play him very well. he may be slow or average at best but i think hes top 5 that is where i have him. some would say hes difficult to master but hes more of a character where you would need to have hence great reaction and see the opening at the right moment to execute.......SUPERMAN...... you have to be able to see it kinda like a guess game, readings and reactions thats what raidens all about.

Thank You! Cause I've been playing this game for a little over a month and I've mained Raiden the entire time. My ranked record is like 330 wins 150 losses and my true skill is like 32, and I can honestly think Raiden is the second hardest character to master in the game (the first being shang tsung)
Cause sonya, jade, skarlet, kabal, and cyber sub zero are all pretty simple.

BT-joe

green is good
hes only difficult if your reactions are difficult. In general reactions is a difficult thing to master and takes alot of practice.....SUPERMAN

If I can predict a tele I can punish him with 22 freeze online... the whole "online is garbage" is a load of bull. I hardly ever experience lag.
there are still people with really bad connections, it just depends how lucky you are/how your network is configured. but either way, online is where everyones hate for raiden comes from. everyone being the more casual online players.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
With a teleport, one of the fastest specials in the game, and a godlike mastery over space control...yeah, scrubs are gonna hate Raiden and think he's easy to play as, when in fact he's not. Undoubtedly he's one of the best characters in the game.

Don't let the hate ruin your day, man.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
You've played MK for little over a month and can talk about mastering a character?

I've played over 12,000 matches since release, played only the same 2 characters and wouldn't claim to have mastered either.

Use such terms sparingly please.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Kabal and sindel are definitely harder than shang or raiden. Rain and csz also probably take longer to master than raiden.

Kabal - ndcs, iafbs, have you seen the combos REO uses?
Sindel - levi cancels, iafbs
Rain - RH cancel pressure, water bubble positioning for the uppercut combo or the jip reset
CSZ - using the ice-bombs correctly for pressure

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
there are still people with really bad connections, it just depends how lucky you are/how your network is configured. but either way, online is where everyones hate for raiden comes from. everyone being the more casual online players.
Yeah, but that's b/c they don't block!

I can't tell you how many times I've felt like the worst Raiden player in history when fighting the likes of Shujinkydink and gr8one06 ... b/c they know how/when to block the supermans and how to punish teleport. Without those two things... how are you gonna do anything with Raiden? You aren't. lol

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I find it funny how people think hatemail means anything. I got loads of hatemail playing v1.o Sindel.

And to answer your post, most of the time people complain because any lag(which there is bound to be some) will result on you relying on lag tactics or other things that will not work offline. For example, Raiden's teleport is very difficult to punish offline.

Unreal6S

Thats because most online raidens are predictable. and never block after teleport because they use tele exclusively for offense
So true, being stupid with Raiden is extremely tempting, but any high level player will destroy you mercilessly if you teleport for incorrectly. Not to mention, the teleport is punishable even if you block after using it. I've figured out that Raiden's teleport has to be used for evasion, not transportation.

Unreal6S

Two words: Lag Tactics

The lone reason why no one respects Raiden. I hate to sound like a broken record but offline; it's a whole different story.
if that's true then it's a damn shame. As a pretty consistent Raiden player, I can say honestly that I hate lag as much as anyone.