What's new

What pads will we use for MKX on the PS4?

chores

bad at things
The default ps4 pads use bluetooth (even if you wire them with the charging cable, the inputs are still sent via bluetooth.) -- I don't know of any ps1 or ps2 convertors. Anyone have any plans? I'd hate to buy a fightstick just for ps4

E

Eldriken

I really expect to use my Hori Stick in the PS4, i don't plan or intend to buy new hardware so soon.
He's asking what the rules are going to be about people who use regular controllers for the PS4. Tournament rules state that you cannot use a wireless controller and from what he said, even when you have the PS4 controller hooked up via a USB cable, it still uses a wireless Bluetooth signal.

What it boils down to is this: What are the tournament rules going to be for regular controller users if there is no converter to allow them to use a PS1/2 controller.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
He's asking what the rules are going to be about people who use regular controllers for the PS4. Tournament rules state that you cannot use a wireless controller and from what he said, even when you have the PS4 controller hooked up via a USB cable, it still uses a wireless Bluetooth signal.

What it boils down to is this: What are the tournament rules going to be for regular controller users if there is no converter to allow them to use a PS1/2 controller.
I think Sony, Madcats and Hori will release new hardwares that will probably be tournament specific by then, if not... fuck.

anyway, i just hope backward compability will not be an issue anymore by the time MKX hits the stores.

KI tournaments have made due with people using wireless controllers. Just need to ensure players desync after every match. Preferably players just remove the batteries out of any controller that isn't currently in use.

chores

bad at things
DS4 is fine with Me, Skarlet tested, execution increases significantly!
isnt there a small delay over bluetooth? thats my only concern. i can get over having to use triggers instead of shoulder buttons as long as there is zero lag

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
isnt there a small delay over bluetooth? thats my only concern. i can get over having to use triggers instead of shoulder buttons as long as there is zero lag
Its a good question really. I have to say its very close to it or perhaps even lag free...

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I have yet to rock or try a ps4 pad. I hear it's good though but I may go back to stick if they announce a deal. Sadly it may be in xbone for awhile till I migrate to ps4 heh. Wanted to do it this yr but money issues heh

chores

bad at things
seems like someone with some technical know-how would jump on this.. even if it cannibalized a PS4 pad in the process I'd still be willing to pay for it @gummo

edit:
someone tweet him this thread, he is on twitter at @gummowned (cant use twitter from work)

gummo

Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can!
I can build ps2, snes, or saturn to ps4 converters. It would be using toodles fgwidget decoder combined with a ds4 pcb. If the ds4 pad is banned I cold use the hori commander 4 pcb or the guilty gear pcb but are a bit more troublesome to obtain.