What's new

What Nightwolf Needs To Be Solo Main Viable

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.

Cliffnotes cause people requested it.

1: 111 becomes a real auto shimmy by making the second hit 9-11f startup. 111 is -10 on block. 112 has it's jab gap removed but can still be flawless blocked.

2: B132 to be +4 on block, the final hit of B132 has it's startup increased from 24f to 27f so it's universally interruptible.

3: 222 is special cancelable. Would give V1 a new higher tier block punish for one bar, and gives V2 a true mixup off 22 that is threatening with 221+3 or 222~dbf3.

4: In Ancestral Gift, B3 and 31 tick throw. Command grab is a mid.

5: In Matoka, Rising Axe amplify can't be broken out of until it's completed. Spirit Of Kiba lasts 15 seconds regular and 20 seconds amplified up from just 5 seconds no matter what.

6: B341+3 in Ancestral is punishable again at -10

7: Double KB throw is removed, forward throw KB only.

8: B2 is a universal armor breaker.

Last edited:

Chernyy Volk

You need to start adding cliffs in your op instead of posting just a video.
The point is to get views on the video. Plus, even if I added cliffnotes, it wouldn't include my context and explanations and you'd have typical TYMer's being like "NW DOESN'T NEED THIS YOU NEED TO LVL UP" when they have no idea what the purpose of what I'm asking for is lol

Immortal

Blind justice....
TYM really isn't the NRS community anymore. It's kind of it's own thing now so, yeah.
NRS community is where NRS players are. So here as well as in other places. Unless you mean top players like Sonic, Ninja, Kombat, Rewind etc... but they mostly hang with themself so by that definition youre not in that community either. No to mention as we all very well know - you're shameless to say the least.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
The point is to get views on the video. Plus, even if I added cliffnotes, it wouldn't include my context and explanations and you'd have typical TYMer's being like "NW DOESN'T NEED THIS YOU NEED TO LVL UP" when they have no idea what the purpose of what I'm asking for is lol
Take it from someone who knows a thing or two about how getting views work is that if your sole goal is just to get views on the video, then adding that exact context to a post with the video is a better way to do it than just a video by itself with nothing else.

That and a much less combative attitude

Chernyy Volk

NRS community is where NRS players are. So here as well as in other places. Unless you mean top players like Sonic, Ninja, Kombat, Rewind etc... but they mostly hang with themself so by that definition youre not in that community either. No to mention as we all very well know - you're shameless to say the least.
If I ask anybody on NRS twitter they'll tell you that they don't really regard TYM as part of the community and it kind of shows. Totally different perspective on just about everything over here. I still like seeing what people say on here though due to that different perspective. I don't think it's a bad thing, but I can say for certain the people who frequent this site still are pretty out of touch with the community, perceptions of the game etc.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
If I ask anybody on NRS twitter they'll tell you that they don't really regard TYM as part of the community and it kind of shows. Totally different perspective on just about everything over here. I still like seeing what people say on here though due to that different perspective. I don't think it's a bad thing, but I can say for certain the people who frequent this site still are pretty out of touch with the community, perceptions of the game etc.
And you wonder why ppl dont like you here. Why dont you go back to twitter to hang out with the pros cause obviously ppl here are not worthy.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Man your like the katie Hopkins of this game.

You just spout utter nonsense and then say people are out of touch if don't agree

Your unreal

If you are looking for constructive criticism:

a) Get to your points quicker.
b) Be concise.

When I first started watching your video, two things went against you right away: it's 37 minutes long and you are meandering to much.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Man... you really spout utter nonsense.

Almost everybody universaly agree with certain things that are "annoying" in the game. Sonic, Ninja, Dragon and more are say that breakaways are dumb in this game, d2 are dumb, FB at very least should be changed, pokes should be more negative on block, pokes canceling shouldn't be a thing and more...

Almost everybody here agree with them. Like seriously the only one who seems to be out of touch here.... is you. Also the top players barely even use TT, they just play with themself and at the same time talk with themself. You're not a part of that community either.

On top of that with your shady past in the community one would think you should be more humble towards people.... but you're like "fuck that, im right and since you all dissagree with me - you must be out of touch and not a part of the NRS community".

Like seriously.... you might want to look at yourself first....

Chernyy Volk

Take it from someone who knows a thing or two about how getting views work is that if your sole goal is just to get views on the video, then adding that exact context to a post with the video is a better way to do it than just a video by itself with nothing else.

That and a much less combative attitude
I suppose it's just my brunt manner of speaking, I'm legit not trying to be combative here lol

Chernyy Volk

If you are looking for constructive criticism:

a) Get to your points quicker.
b) Be concise.

When I first started watching your video, two things went against you right away: it's 37 minutes long and you are meandering to much.
I summed up everything I discussed as concisely as I could. No way to do this video in sub 30 minutes since I did demonstrations etc.

Chernyy Volk

And you wonder why ppl dont like you here. Why dont you go back to twitter to hang out with the pros cause obviously ppl here are not worthy.
I already said it isn't a bad thing lol. I'm not sitting on my ivory tower over here.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I suppose it's just my brunt manner of speaking, I'm legit not trying to be combative here lol
TYM really isn't the NRS community anymore. It's kind of it's own thing now so, yeah.

Last edited:
How's Nightwolf not solo viable?
He's got a basic ass gameplan which he executes very well.

Ain't gonna watch that video but to me Nightwolf seems to be more than just solid.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Here's a TLDW for everyone:

--Wants Nightwolf to have a "real auto-shimmy"; he wants 11 to be faster(9-11 frame startup), but at the cost of removing NW's double throw KB(only wants NW's foward throw to have the KB). He also wants 111 to be unsafe on block(-10), due to the auto-shimmy buff.

--Wants 112 to have faster startup(jab gap removed), but still have a flawless block gap.

--Wants B132 to be +4 on block. Justification is that he can't jail into any mids at +4, but can still down poke and throw. Also wants b+1 to be 27 frames startup.

--Wants 222 to be special cancellable. Reasons stating is it gives Nightwolf more block punishment, and more combo damage. And also more mix-ups in Ancestral Gift.

--Wants NW's command throw to be mid, and wants B3 and 31 to tick into command throw.

--Wants B3,4,1+3 to be unsafe on block(-10).

--Wants the Rhino Charge KB to be changed to a "block late" KB, citing that it gives a mixup off his FB gap strings(112, 312).

--Wants Spirit of Kiba to last 15 seconds, and amp Kiba to last 20 seconds.

--Wants amp Rising Tomahawk to not have a breakaway gap, so that the amp hits everytime(opponent can still breakaway after the amp hits).

--Wants B2 to armor break, and when it breaks armor, it relaunches.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Here's a TLDW for everyone:

--Wants Nightwolf to have a "real auto-shimmy"; he wants 11 to be faster(9-11 frame startup), but at the cost of removing NW's double throw KB(only wants NW's foward throw to have the KB). He also wants 111 to be unsafe on block(-10), due to the auto-shimmy buff.

--Wants 112 to have faster startup(jab gap removed), but still have a flawless block gap.

--Wants B132 to be +4 on block. Justification is that he can't jail into any mids at +4, but can still down poke and throw. Also wants b+1 to be 27 frames startup.

--Wants 222 to be special cancellable. Reasons stating is it gives Nightwolf more block punishment, and more combo damage. And also more mix-ups in Ancestral Gift.

--Wants NW's command throw to be mid, and wants B3 and 31 to tick into command throw.

--Wants B3,4,1+3 to be unsafe on block(-10).

--Wants the Rhino Charge KB to be changed to a "block late" KB, citing that it gives a mixup off his FB gap strings(112, 312).

--Wants Spirit of Kiba to last 15 seconds, and amp Kiba to last 20 seconds.

--Wants amp Rising Tomahawk to not have a breakaway gap, so that the amp hits everytime(opponent can still breakaway after the amp hits).

--Wants B2 to armor break, and when it breaks armor, it relaunches.
Yeah.... NO.

What the actual...F is this? Like he wants to give him the very things that annoy everybody in several other characters instead of toning down that shit in others.

Also Nighhtwolf is fine as is. We dont need "buff everybody to insane level" threatment. Been there, done that - MK X says hello. No need to repeat that shitshow ever again.

If you want people to view and discuss your content, a 37 min long video is your first big problem. A Tedtalk is ideally only 18 mins and a Tedtalk this is not.

• Avoid time wasting non-productive talk ("this sucks... that sucks", complaining about variations in general and how you could fix it, "I don't know why this move is here, remove it..." "my request... my idea". complaining about krushing blows in general.)
  • Try categorizing into the type of changes you are going to talk about instead of just by variation (e.g. strings, specials, frame changes, property changes etc...)
  • Some basic graphics would really help delineate your points, allow you to avoid always having to mention what string/move/variation you're talking about. It'll make this much easier to digest and be just visually more interesting.
  • Avoid repeating yourself. If you have to repeat your point you probably didn't explain it well in the first place.
  • You recap the first 21 mins of your "requests for ancestral gift" at 21:42 - 21:56. Try starting with a summary and then go into your breakdown/justification.

Chernyy Volk

If you want people to view and discuss your content, a 37 min long video is your first big problem. A Tedtalk is ideally only 18 mins and a Tedtalk this is not.

• Avoid time wasting non-productive talk ("this sucks... that sucks", complaining about variations in general and how you could fix it, "I don't know why this move is here, remove it..." "my request... my idea". complaining about krushing blows in general.)
  • Try categorizing into the type of changes you are going to talk about instead of just by variation (e.g. strings, specials, frame changes, property changes etc...)
  • Some basic graphics would really help delineate your points, allow you to avoid always having to mention what string/move/variation you're talking about. It'll make this much easier to digest and be just visually more interesting.
  • Avoid repeating yourself. If you have to repeat your point you probably didn't explain it well in the first place.
  • You recap the first 21 mins of your "requests for ancestral gift" at 21:42 - 21:56. Try starting with a summary and then go into your breakdown/justification.
Fair enough. I can take these notes.