What's new

Question - Alien What makes Acidic so ridiculous?

So, i don't play Alien, really the only thing iv'e seen of him is Sonic bodying everyone. I can clearly see why hes good, but a LOT of people are making it sound like hes top 1. So, help me understand. Iv'e even seen Perfect Legend go as far as to say " You can be bad at fighting games, and still pick up Alien and beat experienced pros". Or something along those lines. Like i said, i get see how he is good, but what exactly about the character has everyone complaining like they are ?

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I wouldn't say he's no.1 but he has fast mix ups, an OH special that is safe against most of the cast, 50/50 wake ups with good armour, decent zoning with stackable chip damage and extreme reach on his normals.

He is one ugly mofo though so that balances him out.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Oh my god seriously ANOTHER thread about this.. We have like 4 already. The problem is NOBODY is looking like the even take they time to go counter pick him or lab the punish timing. Yeah his punishable moves have little stun(similar to war god kotal sword specials) so its very hard to punish a -17 move. Yeah its dumb, should be addressed. The problem also is instead of going into the lab, people come on here and make thread after thread on how to beat him or what makes him so good.(not a jab at you OP)Go find out man. Pro players are here to assist us sure, but they aren't gonna give us all the answers. They have their own little circle for a reason. You will quickly see that if you pressure Alien(A List, Swarm Queen, Ronin/Lasher) ZONE HIM(Mournful, Pretty Lady, Marksman, Full Auto) or flat out just Pick Mileena, you will see his weaknesses clearly. I love Alien. I think he is easily a top 10 character in the game. But i also never really lose to him because i just counter pick and i played really REALLY good Aliens. Watching others play him i still see them let Aliens get away with murder(not armoring through tarkatan gaps, not punishing tail snag, not punishing crawl, not punishing b3 whiff)I dont want to hear half screen 50/50s cause kano has em too. If you look close at the frame data, Alien also has 30 or more recovery on most things and his main string has like 29ish or 30? If he whiffs ANYTHING at all hes free. Acidic specifically is just really dumb in the corner bruh. Midscreen he's alright but just try not to let him corner you. If he does and hits you with acid blood, JUST JUMP OUT OF THE CORNER AFTER OR ARMOR LOL. He isnt guarenteed anything after Acid Blood in the corner. There is a whole guide on acidic with everything you can know, i dont see why this is such a big issue still

EDIT: I MEANT GUNSLINGER ERRON BLACK NOT MARKSMAN SORRY

Last edited:

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I'd say this

when you're down to 20% health, after he's done comboing you, you are most likely restand into a 23% throw or a 50/50 blockstring... to sum it up, you're dead.

there's no comback factor against Acidic, and he gets to safely thorw stuff at you

x TeeJay o

I'd say this

when you're down to 20% health, after he's done comboing you, you are most likely restand into a 23% throw or a 50/50 blockstring... to sum it up, you're dead.

there's no comback factor against Acidic, and he gets to safely thorw stuff at you
Acid blood is -8 on block. Tech it's not safe but i know what u mean. You can jump out the acid on the ground if he does f134 xx acid blood and you block it. You also can armor through anything cancelled into acid blood except 112 and a few 2 hit combos which nobody does. Honestly i think he just needs to be easier to punish

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I'd say this

So what is the damage of the combo that brings you down to 20% health? And is EVERYTHING after the restand is guaranteed (like Cassie's ex nut punch on hit) or opponents can still make read to get out?

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Oh my god seriously ANOTHER thread about this.. We have like 4 already. The problem is NOBODY is looking like the even take they time to go counter pick him or lab the punish timing. Yeah his punishable moves have little stun(similar to war god kotal sword specials) so its very hard to punish a -17 move. Yeah its dumb, should be addressed. The problem also is instead of going into the lab, people come on here and make thread after thread on how to beat him or what makes him so good.(not a jab at you OP)Go find out man. Pro players are here to assist us sure, but they aren't gonna give us all the answers. They have their own little circle for a reason. You will quickly see that if you pressure Alien(A List, Swarm Queen, Ronin/Lasher) ZONE HIM(Mournful, Pretty Lady, Marksman, Full Auto) or flat out just Pick Mileena, you will see his weaknesses clearly. I love Alien. I think he is easily a top 10 character in the game. But i also never really lose to him because i just counter pick and i played really REALLY good Aliens. Watching others play him i still see them let Aliens get away with murder(not armoring through tarkatan gaps, not punishing tail snag, not punishing crawl, not punishing b3 whiff)I dont want to hear half screen 50/50s cause kano has em too. If you look close at the frame data, Alien also has 30 or more recovery on most things and his main string has like 29ish or 30? If he whiffs ANYTHING at all hes free. Acidic specifically is just really dumb in the corner bruh. Midscreen he's alright but just try not to let him corner you. If he does and hits you with acid blood, JUST JUMP OUT OF THE CORNER AFTER OR ARMOR LOL. He isnt guarenteed anything after Acid Blood in the corner. There is a whole guide on acidic with everything you can know, i dont see why this is such a big issue still

EDIT: I MEANT GUNSLINGER ERRON BLACK NOT MARKSMAN SORRY
You took this thread a little too personally

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
So what is the damage of the combo that brings you down to 20% health? And is EVERYTHING after the restand is guaranteed (like Cassie's ex nut punch on hit) or opponents can still make read to get out?
damage is roughly 34/35% + dot and you have to hold the followup unless you have a bar.

GhosT

Noob
He's really good. But more that this community is really lazy and whiny an prefers knee-jerk to learning anything. I play a lot of people who won't lab to punish his -17 shit and still complain it's funny

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Acid blood is -8 on block. Tech it's not safe but i know what u mean. You can jump out the acid on the ground if he does f134 xx acid blood and you block it. You also can armor through anything cancelled into acid blood except 112 and a few 2 hit combos which nobody does. Honestly i think he just needs to be easier to punish
I'm not saying to throw out acid blood on block, although -8 it's not that safe, there are really few characters who can punish it for a full combo. Im saying that if he gets a combo, you get restand + dot into a 20% throw, or f23 into low or OH (f23 jails into both Low and OH iirc)

x TeeJay o

You took this thread a little too personally
Probably seems that way because i made the guide for this character and it's like nobody reads through it. I did all the work(with help from lots of others) for people and they still refuse to go look or even hit up practice mode to figure out thier options. Im sick of all the complaining threads period not just about Alien, but every other character as well. Alien has like 3 or 4 threads about the same thing its crazy