What's new

What lag free converter to buy?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
because you cant tell which controller is which. You clear them all. It doesn't tell what was a brooks converter or a PS4 pad. It just says, Blutooth. So you have to get them all because you dont want a risk a pause in the middle of your match.

And thats cool you can do that but if your converter causes enough issues that the match can't continue, better have dat ps4 pad ready or take the L.
From playing with the brooke converter for so long it doesn't ever show a bluetooth device for it. I have deleted all the controllers bluetooth from a system. And still have the ability to use my converter and there be no bluetooth device to remove from the system. At least thats how it is for ps2-ps4 converter

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
From playing with the brooke converter for so long it doesn't ever show a bluetooth device for it. I have deleted all the controllers bluetooth from a system. And still have the ability to use my converter and there be no bluetooth device to remove from the system. At least thats how it is for ps2-ps4 converter
I have only seen these issues arise with the xbone to ps4. Not even 360 to ps4. Just the xbone converters.

E

Eldriken

i never really understood why ps4 became the standard for MKx. Think of all the failed events and ruined finals from that pad syncing issue that could have been avoided.
So, it shouldn't be standard because people are effing stupid and/or too lazy to desync previously used controllers?

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
because you cant tell which controller is which. You clear them all. It doesn't tell what was a brooks converter or a PS4 pad. It just says, Blutooth. So you have to get them all because you dont want a risk a pause in the middle of your match.

And thats cool you can do that but if your converter causes enough issues that the match can't continue, better have dat ps4 pad ready or take the L.
I might just take that L and complain because that d-pad is urggghh!!!!

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
The Xbox controller destroys the PS4 controller. It will be a bit odd if you are coming to it from PS. The thing to take note of is how your hands and fingers naturally fall when you place them in your lap. And it will give you a better understanding of why the Xbox controller is better.

Firstly the placement of the grips is spread out wider so you aren't shoving your wrists together. The extra size is nicer for a more relaxed grip over all. And the D-Pad being a little lower down makes it easier to move from direction to direction. Your thumb moves left and right better than back and forward. Having it slightly angled off means the movement from forward or back to up or down is more of a left and right motion with the thumb.

The actual buttons on the DS4 are single buttons. So when you slide from down to forward for example there is a bigger height difference between the pressed and depressed buttons. Where on the XB controller the down button being pressed pulls the forward button down with it making it easier to slide to.

All the face buttons on the DS4 are flat with ugly edges. Where the face buttons on the XB controller are curved to align with the shape of the grip. This is really nice because sliding from one button press to the next means there is less of an edge for your fingers to get caught on.

And finally the triggers and shoulder buttons. The R1 button on the DS4 requires you to lift your finger off of R2 and place it on R1 to get a decent pull on it. And the R2 buttons are all flat edged. The Bumper buttons on the XB controller are edge triggered, so you can activate them by rolling your knuckle up and just hitting the edge. And the Triggers are sort of diamond edged. So you can pull them like a normal trigger or R2 button. Or you can even push your finger forward as if you are trying to touch the tip of it to the tip of the finger on the other hand.

It's mostly the placement of the buttons and the nicer edges and activation spots that make the XB controller superior. The added weight some like some don't. I like it because it makes it feel more planted in my hand. Then of course the XB controller is more sturdy. If i twist the grips in opposite directions it feels more rugged.
If I do the same with my DS4 it builds drastically and makes squeaking noises.

Of course my fight stick trumps them both. But I suppose by that argument a Hitbox trumps a fight stick.
Can't use the X1 pad because of the shoulder buttons. My fingers start scraping after playing for a while and I don't like the D-pad at all. Got way more input errors than on DS4. Both pads have their pros and cons, but Hitbox (or stick if that's your preference) is best imo.

Reactions: 24K

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Xbox pad = 7/10

Ps4 Pad = -2/10

Hitbox =Kreygasm

But seriously though brooks is the best converter for controllers. If you decided to buy a hitbox that wasn't a PS4 version then you'd have to buy the titan one(which is ass) and it has a dumb 8 min timeout issue. I would say if you have always been a pad player just go for a recommended pad that's comfy for you(Hori,PS1,/PS2 XB1 etc.) and leave those sticks even if it's a hitbox alone because they have steep learning curves. We aren't that far off from IJ2 now so trying to learn stick wouldn't be so great unless you're god at learning sticks haha

Ra Helios

Both controllers hold no bars to the ps2 pad lol.

I just use stick so crisis adverted.
The only thing different is the dpad is a little bit space out. I like it where I can drag my thumbs and make the easy input instead of me pressing it precisely and messing up!!!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Half the shit we find execution wise in NRS fighters tends to be easier on pad, IJS. ;)

P3irce

Noob
I think everyone should just use the pad they're most comfortable with but really is MK / injustice execution bar that high that you can't do certain combos on one pad or another after you've been acclimated to it?... The only things that are ever an issue for me would be sequential iafb and sometimes waking up with ex-tele as displacer but even those things are not too crazy in comparison to other FGC's

Noob
Its going to be personal preference every time.

I play pad when I play at mates houses because they think the stick gives me magic powers.
And the only thing I find easier on pad is an instant air gun type move, but I also use the analogue stick when doing them like a pleb. I think this is just something with me though and not a stick situation, since I can move around perfectly fine when playing Tekken. And that's harder than an instant air gun I think. I just have some stupid block to it. I may be trying to convince myself to build a Hitbox.

I always find movement better with a stick, no game has felt better when I play on pad. But I have always played stick. Because I was pretentious about it in the beginning. And had to act like I was cooler than everybody else who played on pad.

Now of course I know I am. But it's not the reason I continue to use stick.

Ra Helios

I just ordered the brook pink version on amazon. I will let ya know if it's awful or amazing. I suppose to get it to today at 8:00pm? Plus today I have jury duty so I have nothing but time to waste but hey. At least they gave me 15 dollars to eat so I won't have to steal and be in court to be Judged. Lol

Ra Helios

@Kinetic Balding1 plays with stick on the Xbox one controller that is terrible. Well I have to say this. Playing on stick on the xbox one controller feels better playing on the stick on the PS4. PS4 stick feels so cheap. Man!!!!

Noob
Because I live in South Africa. And the exchange rate is shyte. Breakfast lunch and dinner on that kinda cheese.
Of course I mean cereal for breakfast. A sandwich for lunch. And meat, veg and rice for dinner. Not crazy luxury food or anything.

Maybe even a scratch card.

Noob
I use the equivalent of $300.00 to pay rent, petrol, feed myself and for DSTV. Which is an absolutely despicable satellite television service.

Ra Helios

I see. My package just arrive at my house. Still at jury duty. Can't wait to try this bad boy out playing injustice on the PS4. I have to update the device first before I do