What's new

What Kabal NDC mixups do you use?

B W1zZ

Noob
Ok so for the past few days I've been a training mode warrior with kabal, practicing a lot of different NDC varations. Which mixups do you find most effective? I know it can be character dependent but I've been doing shit like F32 ndc F3 ndc B12 ndc F3 ndc throw. The execution is challenging but so far I'm having fun with it.

2xxndc
b1xxndc
b12xxndc
f3xxndc
f32xxndc

These are the most useful. Pretty sure all of them are plus on block except f3xxndc, which is 0.

B W1zZ

Noob
2xxndc
b1xxndc
b12xxndc
f3xxndc
f32xxndc

These are the most useful. Pretty sure all of them are plus on block except f3xxndc, which is 0.
Yeah i know pretty much all of the options, just wondering what custom mixups people use. At this point I find doing 2 ndc consecutively to be the hardest.

Also wondering if people find the NDC's easiest on stick or pad? I'm playing on a klassic PDP stick.

Yeah i know pretty much all of the options, just wondering what custom mixups people use. At this point I find doing 2 ndc consecutively to be the hardest.

Also wondering if people find the NDC's easiest on stick or pad? I'm playing on a klassic PDP stick.
I hit confirm f3 2 and b1 2 if the get hit by them. Other than that, the main mixup/mind game i use is whether or not I'm going to finish b121 and full combo them again. Also, Even if they do block b121 if they try to poke or move they eat another ex nomad dash. once they respect it, u can grab, pressure etc.

and IDK about difficulty on a stick. I use the xbox pad.

Skitzo

Noob
Yeah, it's character dependent. or depending on what my opponent is respecting.

example: f3 ndc b12 ndc grab

if they know the match up, they know that f3ndc is neutral on block
so next i'll f3 into ts/bs. maybe even go for the full b121 into combo thinking i will ndc after b12 so they can poke

It all just depends too, on how you wanna toy with them.

R0bot1cColumbus

Cybernetic Conquistador
I'm also curious about the stick vs pad question. I imagine IAGB's have to be easier on a stick, but I've never used one so I may not know what I'm talking about. I use the hori ex-2 pad myself, which i like, but my execution is still pretty bad. With Kabal, especially online, bad execution = death.

B W1zZ

Noob
I'm also curious about the stick vs pad question. I imagine IAGB's have to be easier on a stick, but I've never used one so I may not know what I'm talking about. I use the hori ex-2 pad myself, which i like, but my execution is still pretty bad. With Kabal, especially online, bad execution = death.
iagb's don't seem too hard on stick since you can just push the stick in the corner twice as a shortcut, but the right side of the screen iagbs are kind of a pain in the ass.

R0bot1cColumbus

Cybernetic Conquistador
iagb's don't seem too hard on stick since you can just push the stick in the corner twice as a shortcut, but the right side of the screen iagbs are kind of a pain in the ass.
Honestly the right side is much much easier for me than the left side. I'm not sure why. I would guess that might be because the way I hold the controller, my left thumb is angled towards the upper right-hand corner of the d-pad. From the left side I have to shift it to upper left and it seems less natural. Either way, I agree about the stick, in theory. that's what i was thinking. Not sure about NDC pressure though..i think AC1984 plays stick kabal. He would know.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
besides the ones mentioned before, i'm practicing
d1xx ndc
d3xx ndc

this will annoy on next matches:rolleyes:

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
after combo
(f4, ndc on hit) jip 1,1,1, ndc, f3,2, ex, NDC, f3,2, ndc, f3 NDC OR b1,2, overhead (unless I wanna get them in the corner)

I usually just cut it at f3, ndc and go for f3, buzzsaw, but you can also go f3,ndc b1, ndc into throw.

Skitzo

Noob
besides the ones mentioned before, i'm practicing
d1xx ndc
d3xx ndc

this will annoy on next matches:rolleyes:
those are horrible. if those are blocked, you are at a worse frame disadvantage than just doing a regular d1/d3.
On hit: regular d1 =+1, while d1ndc = -2. d3 =+3 while d3ndc = -5.

Just horrible....

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Those are bad, you can do d4xxndc though, it is the same advantage on hit/block as not doing the dash, but it builds meter and brings you in closer.
Hahaha, if you try to do them more than twice yes, i know kabal players take advantage of attacks that have advantage on block to perform ndc, its a fact.
Also, when they see a window during the strings, the will actually try to poke out or uppercutt it, but to do that they'll have to crouch block first. To go ease on b1 xxx ndc or b12xx ndc

If they crouch block , i can do d1xx ndc xx d1 ts.

I found it very threatning, also because opponents rarely see Kabal doing ndc strings from d1 :p And my execution of d1xx ndc d1xx is really fast.

Also, any move the opponent blocks, it builds meter, even d1 and d4 ^^

I admit i didn't try yet, i will have to see how it will work out on match, i will consider your advices of not doing them, but i'm a stuborn bastard hahaha

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I like to do things like f+3/f+3,2 ndc d+3 (no ndc) f+4 ndc d+3 (no ndc) b+1,2/2 ndc then either throw or 50/50 (i like ending in saw though cause it feels safer if blocked correctly and if it hits its perfect iagb distance, but if they try and punish the blocked overhead tornado slam alot of times you can blast through with ex nd) I know f+4 isn't safe, i think its like -5 or something but i seem to fet away with it alot. I like to mix standing 2 in alot against high hitbox characters or if i find my opponent likes to try and jump out or cross up during ndc pressure, d+1 also helps alot against jumpers because its easy to hit confirm into f+4 nd. My goal is anytime i start ndc pressure to get 10% chip and get the heck out lol.

representing TMP

B W1zZ

Noob
It might be because I'm playing on stick but I can't get 2 ndc 2 ndc etc consecutively....I can do 2 ndc but the follow up 2 ndc's are difficult. I'm starting to do shit like F23 ndc 2 ndc B12 ndc 2 ndc F32 DB2