What's new

Strategy What is your weakness?

Alright Deathstroke...s...es...whatever. I play as the Joker and i struggle against Deathstroke. I don't think i have beaten one at all, except in the story mode. What i struggle with is the zoning, but not just that. If i actually manage to get close DS sword flips or something and runs away again. I can't jump either because of your meterburn that shoots this grenade that follows. What can i as a Joker do?

pls tell i give u cookie

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
i dont play deathstoke but when he shoot block then dash then block if he sword flips 21 then low can thing MB into full combo

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Block dash, block dash, when you get close, most will sword flip cause they panic.
Sword flip us really unsafe,so you can full combo punish.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
do not jump btw. A deathstroke player is trying to read what you are doing. They will guess if you jump, and if you jump, they will air gun shots. Stay ground as the joker. Also, dont try to out zone them your gun.Just try and get in

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Against me just counterpick with Black Adam or Killer Frost. Im free to both.I just cant beat those characters.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Pretty much what everyone said. When you get klose against good players watch out for his 50/50's. His low in particular since it has better range.. If you read that he's going to go for a 50/50 a jump in is a good idea. His sword flip will get you if he waited but it doesn't do that much damage and your read against his 50/50's does do good damage.

Don't get impatient though. Know the range of his B1 (low) and stay just outside of that range if you want to figure out your opponent. There's nothing safe he kan do from here. He kan jump or backdash so get used to your opponents habits then make a read.

PS: Rarely or never jump from fullscreen.

Alright, so i have to "turtle" him? And does sword flip hit high? O and counter picking is not really for me...i have enough trouble learning one character.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
Alright, so i have to "turtle" him? And does sword flip hit high? O and counter picking is not really for me...i have enought trouble learning one character.
not turtle but block and move and yeah its mid i think but its sooooo punishable if you block it

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Be extremely patient against him. Push him to the corner, and once you get him trapped, he will either try to jump 3 out or sword flip out, so just punish that when it happens. Remember his guns don't do much chip damage anymore either so don't get too eager to move in. I know online can be hard to dash up after blocking his guns, so if you're having trouble dashing in, then just slowly walk in, even tho I know the walk speed sucks in this game. Being patient is what beats DS.

ryublaze

Noob
Mainly block low. He barely gets any damage off of his overhead midscreen and it can be hard for the DS player to hit confirm it into Sword Flip. If he wants to add more damage he has to burn a bar of meter.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
No I mean, B2-R1 into a combo. Good meterless damage.

Oh, yeah watch out for that background. lol.

If you read a 50/50, like I mentioned you kan jump and beat both. You kan also do a faster normal if you're in range or make sure you're just outside of his overhead range.

I kompletely forgot about background bounces. I didn't use them with Arrow because they didn't do much damage (sometimes even less than his BnBs) and the ones that did work were stance/character specific.

I'm thinking of having Deathstroke as my secondary again so good to have this refreshed in my memory.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Background bounces are nice, but when it comes to B2, you just want to do the combo B2 xx Bounce. B22 pushes some characters out of range for the bounce kick. Beware however, that you have no time to hitconfirm (since you're doing just 1 hit into the interactable). The bounce kick in not completely safe on block, you could be punished.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
With Joker especially the temptation is to attempt to counterzone using BANG! and Rolling Canister, but this is basically the worst thing you can do. What everyone else said is correct. Just block and walk. You can do more damage than he can on a touch, so trust that the chip is worth getting in and using your superior pokes. Buffer teeth (when possible) on your hard knockdowns especially. Most Strokes will try to Sword Flip on wakeup out of harm's way, which you can then block and full combo punish. Acid Squirt is a good poke in this fight as well. In general Joker has longer range pokes than Deathstroke (including sweep), so keeping him at that distance is probably your best bet.