What's new

What is the "Vortex"?

ELC

Scrublord McGee
To be honest I thought it the reset-loop created by ending a combo with F2,1~Teleport then starting it back up with either jin.P B2 jin.K Teleport 1,1,1~Spear or jin.P F4~Spear, but I've been having success throwing out jin.P tick-throw followed by EN Demon Fire for a pseudo reset and with just pressuring with 3,3,4. Is that a part of it as well?

Its any combo that leaves the opponent standing for a safe jump.

HITS LOW - f4,spear,JIP,f2,1,teleport punch
HITS MEDIUM 2,2+1,teleport punch,1,1,1,spear,jip,f2,1,teleport punch
HITS MEDIUM b2,jump kick,teleport punch,1,1,1,spear,JIP,f2,1,teleport punch

This is what makes the 50/50 reset/mix-up/vortex whatever you want to call it. They have to guess if you are going to hit medium or low.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Ah: so the vortex is just the reset plus any of the follow-ups afterwards, eh? Thanks ^_^

EDIT: Might as well ask: what options do y'all use after the reset? Like I said I usually go for the high-low-throw, but lately simply pressuring has worked well.

Saint

Noob
Could you elaborate on high-low-throw and pressuring? How are they differenet?

As long as I've got my 50/50 game going I do either one of the combos DnH mentioned to keep my opponent guessing.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Could you elaborate on high-low-throw and pressuring? How are they differenet?

As long as I've got my 50/50 game going I do either one of the combos DnH mentioned to keep my opponent guessing.
I use the following follow-ups to F2,1~Teleport

1. B2, Teleport, 1,1,1~Spear, F2,1~Teleport
2. F4~Spear,F2,1~Teleport
3. F3
4. F4, 3 or B4 with possible EX Hellfire or Hellfire.
5, 1+3 with possible EX Hellfire or Hellfire
6. 1,1,1 variation or 3,3,4 variation (with or without Spear)

1 and 2 keep the vortex going as long as your opponent doesn't guess right, but if they do guess right, then you're going to be severely punished. 3 and 4 makes them respect your mix-ups and conditions them to block a certain way. 5 can be used to end a game that could be lost if the opponent guesses correctly, and 6 should be used for when you actually have the advantage in a difficult match-up and don't want to make a crucial mistake (important for Scorpion since most of his matchups are slightly in his opponent's favor).

Saint

Noob
I use the following follow-ups to F2,1~Teleport

1. B2, Teleport, 1,1,1~Spear, F2,1~Teleport
2. F4~Spear,F2,1~Teleport
3. F3
4. F4, 3 or B4 with possible EX Hellfire or Hellfire.
5, 1+3 with possible EX Hellfire or Hellfire
6. 1,1,1 variation or 3,3,4 variation (with or without Spear)

1 and 2 keep the vortex going as long as your opponent doesn't guess right, but if they do guess right, then you're going to be severely punished. 3 and 4 makes them respect your mix-ups and conditions them to block a certain way. 5 can be used to end a game that could be lost if the opponent guesses correctly, and 6 should be used for when you actually have the advantage in a difficult match-up and don't want to make a crucial mistake (important for Scorpion since most of his matchups are slightly in his opponent's favor).
My take on this, scorp is all about safe jumping

1. make it jop b2 jk tp dash 111 spear f21 tp
2. add jop
3. ok
4. useless
5. good, if you're gonna hellfire go for ex
6. useless