What's new

what is the timing on tele to standing 22?

I guess the first question i should ask is will this combo even be possible once the new patch hits the ps3? I know that prepatch it's possible to hit 334,tele,22,shocker but i can't do it with any consistency. I assume 334,tele,22,shocker,334,superman would do more damage then 334.tele,1,shocker,334,superman but i'm not sure how much as i only got the 22 to connect like twice out 30 tries and dropped the shocker to 334 both times.

Don't think that's feasible. I could be wrong though. I'm having lots of success with 334 tele f2 shocker then either more 334 or b3 12 superman. Works great online and prolly does more damage too. I don't think that extra hit is significant.

Don't think that's feasible. I could be wrong though. I'm having lots of success with 334 tele f2 shocker then either more 334 or b3 12 superman. Works great online and prolly does more damage too. I don't think that extra hit is significant.
yea it's very difficult to hit so it likely isn't worth it and it may not even work on the new patch. I would post a vid of me doing it assuming i can actually hit it again but i don't have a pvr or even a camcorder. My digital camera can record video but it would look crappy on top of that i have no idea how to convert it to something i can post to youtube.

yea it's very difficult to hit so it likely isn't worth it and it may not even work on the new patch. I would post a vid of me doing it assuming i can actually hit it again but i don't have a pvr or even a camcorder. My digital camera can record video but it would look crappy on top of that i have no idea how to convert it to something i can post to youtube.
another combo that is kinda difficult but not damaging is 334,tele,334,super. Hitting the 334 after the tele is more difficult then hitting the shocker.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Mid screen BnB:
:l:fk:fp:bp - dash - shocker, :l:fk:fp:bp~superman (33%)
:l:fk:fp:bp - dash - shocker, :r:bp~vicinity blast, :l:fk~superman (35%)
:fk:fk:bk~teleport, :r:bp~shocker, :r:bp~vicinity blast, :l:fk~superman (37%)

Corner BnB:
:fk:fk:bk~vicinity blast, :fk:fk:bk, :fk:fk~shocker, :fk:fk~superman (41%)
:r:bp:bk, :d:fp~shocker, :r:bp:fk~vicinity blast, :r:bp:fk~superman (39%)

That's your BnB, and aside from situational stuff, the optimal combos. I'll put my focus on the combo you're talking about:

Standing :fk and naked shocker do not combo after a teleport anymore, ever. The highest damage mid-screen combo at your disposal is :fk:fk:bk~teleport, :r:bp~shocker, :r:bp~vicinity blast, :l:fk~superman. Some will prefer ending it with :fk:fk:bk~superman rather than :r:bp~vicinity blast, :l:fk~superman for whatever reason, even though it's a suboptimal combo. It's the same damage, but the :fk:fk:bk has to be linked off shocker within a few frames :)r:bp~vicinity blast can be linked in a much larger window) and it builds less meter.

So yeah: :fk:fk:bk~teleport, :r:bp~shocker, :r:bp~vicinity blast, :l:fk~superman. Do that combo instead. It's pretty easy too.

OK fired up mk9 just a couple hours ago and the new patch installed. I think tele,22 is impossible now. Either that or it's my execution but i was able to do it prepatch.

leek

Noob
Mid screen BnB:
:l:fk:fp:bp - dash - shocker, :l:fk:fp:bp~superman (33%)
:l:fk:fp:bp - dash - shocker, :r:bp~vicinity blast, :l:fk~superman (35%)
:fk:fk:bk~teleport, :r:bp~shocker, :r:bp~vicinity blast, :l:fk~superman (37%)

Corner BnB:
:fk:fk:bk~vicinity blast, :fk:fk:bk, :fk:fk~shocker, fk:fk~superman (41%)
:r:bp:bk, :d:fp~shocker, :r:bp:fk~vicinity blast, :r:bp:fk~superman (39%)

That's your BnB, and aside from situational stuff, the optimal combos. I'll put my focus on the combo you're talking about:

Standing :fk and naked shocker do not combo after a teleport anymore, ever. The highest damage mid-screen combo at your disposal is :fk:fk:bk~teleport, :r:bp~shocker, :r:bp~vicinity blast, :l:fk~superman. Some will prefer ending it with :fk:fk:bk~superman rather than :r:bp~vicinity blast, :l:fk~superman for whatever reason, even though it's a suboptimal combo. It's the same damage, but the :fk:fk:bk has to be linked off shocker within a few frames :)r:bp~vicinity blast can be linked in a much larger window) and it builds less meter.

So yeah: :fk:fk:bk~teleport, :r:bp~shocker, :r:bp~vicinity blast, :l:fk~superman. Do that combo instead. It's pretty easy too.
Epic. thanks vilen, you own.

wait wait wait. This is post patch? I can NOT land F+2 after tele on 334~tele.

and I know they added recovery to tele...

:fk:fk:bk~vicinity blast, :fk:fk:bk, :fk:fk~shocker, :fk:fk~superman (41%)
Just a slight addendum, you can stick a 4 after the vicinity blast for an extra 2% damage at no added difficulty, and ending with f23~superman makes it more reliable. So the combo looks like this:

:fk:fk:bk~vicinity blast, :bk, :fk:fk:bk, :fk:fk~shocker, :r:bp:fk~superman = 43%

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Epic. thanks vilen, you own.

wait wait wait. This is post patch? I can NOT land F+2 after tele on 334~tele.

and I know they added recovery to tele...
Nah, you can land :r:bp in between teleport and shocker, it's just a really fast link. If you're not hitting it, it's because you're canceling :fk:fk:bk with the teleport too late. Dial out the string and do the :d:u motion in between the second and third hits. You should be teleporting at almost the same time you launch them with the last hit in the string.

If that isn't it, it's because your timing is off post-teleport, in which case you can only practice harder. But it IS possible.