What's new

What is the Future of MK3D Games :!:

Will MK be able to top other 3D games in Future!

• Total voters

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
They will not until they start using standard features that other 3-D fighters use that have proven themselves time and time again.

They still are damn fun though!

Jiggeh

Noob
I'm not sure what impresses me the most about you, Konqrr... your knowledge of MK, or your ability to have fun with the games in spite of it. :lol:

JChang

Noob
I must say after MKD MIDWAY has realy maken lots of money. The best fighting game award, yet the most selling game of the year.I will say MIDWAY is going some place, i dont konw were but its nice, some fans love it some dont. :roll: :?:

Konqrr said:
They will not until they start using standard features that other 3-D fighters use that have proven themselves time and time again.

Boon plans on adapting and developling standard features from various fighters, like Tekken.

So Yes, I think they will succeed in the future. :)

MKR

Noob
MiNeOuT said:
Konqrr said:

Boon plans on adapting and developling standard features from various fighters, like Tekken.

So Yes, I think they will succeed in the future. :)
o man! MK is better then Tekken in 3d now.

krsx

Noob
Probably not, cus I think the MK team don't know what is needed to make a proper fighting engine / game. They don't even have the basics down, AND on top of that, there seems to be a severe lack of testing going on.

I'd like them to not neccesarily add all Tekken/Virtua Fighter ideas, but do some research on real fights, watch tons of legit fights and base the next gen games on proper martial arts tournaments or something, make the basic fight more realistic - however, that would probably create even more probelms...

MKR

Noob
krsx said:
Probably not, cus I think the MK team don't know what is needed to make a proper fighting engine / game. They don't even have the basics down, AND on top of that, there seems to be a severe lack of testing going on.

I'd like them to not neccesarily add all Tekken/Virtua Fighter ideas, but do some research on real fights, watch tons of legit fights and base the next gen games on proper martial arts tournaments or something, make the basic fight more realistic - however, that would probably create even more probelms...
well mk and tekken basic story is different to eash other and their gameplay 2 where tekken adn Vf Gameplay smiliar to each other where as mk team always polich to make unique kind of gme that's why they add 3 fighting Style and breaker feature and thing every game has few bad points even mk,tekken,vf or SF

dreemernj

Ambassador
As Konqrr said, 3D MK lacks the basics. They go for high level gameplay features before they even begin building the low level one.

And on a side note. Tekken and VF are astronomically different.

MKRayden said:
krsx said:
well mk and tekken basic story is different to eash other and their gameplay 2 where tekken adn Vf Gameplay smiliar to each other where as mk team always polich to make unique kind of gme that's why they add 3 fighting Style and breaker feature and thing every game has few bad points even mk,tekken,vf or SF
If you're talking story wise then yes MK is better then the rest. Not by much though; as the MK storyline has gotten dumb. Although MKD did ok with a few, like Ermacs. But if we are talking gameplay, sure all games have some things wrong with them, but when you look at MK and compare it to Tekken, VF, and SF. It's like me taking a scratched CD and saying its just as good as a new one.

Breakers are useless if i'm not mistaken, because of AR. The 3 fighting styles also makes it broke. For instance, if you have 3 oranges and you have to peel all 3 in a certain time, they all wont be perfect, but if you had one, you could take your time on it.

The MKD engine is broken but it's still a lot of fun to play. I don't play online anymore because it is all about who can abuse the flaws in the engine more than the other. I will play with my friends on xbox live because we are at the same skill level but we don't use cheap tactics like everyone else online.

DOA4 is the best fighting game IMO.