What's new

What is the first thing you usually do in a match?

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I use kano. So f4 or backdash. And SOMETIMES up laser if im feeling reay cheeky. Usually doesnt work though ha

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
erron black - f2, d4, f3, block, walk back. If I have a read in a set I may sos2 them.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Or I sometimes armor sand tackle and use the bar at the beginning.......this is a dick move I feel but sometimes it's the best option lol.

IROC

WP IROC
Scorp ninjitsu. First move on the screen is f2. 90% success rate. Until all the bandwagoners ruin it for me.

Depends on what they're playing.

Mileena? Block low, full punish if lag isn't awful. Sub zero? Block low and repeat since almost all of them open with a slide.

Predator? Block the grab/laser, block the jump overhead, low bow swing out.
Scorpion? Block the teleport, punish.
Quan? For some reason they always open with a teleport in me and I found out by accident that Kung jin's dive kick will beat it in air, so I usually jump back vs Quan and dive kick. If it whiffs, can usually recover.
Kang? They're going for 4,4 and most can't cancel out into bk online so duck block wait for the flying kick to whiff, grab. Train them to be afraid of that 4,4 opener. If you eat a B2 instead that's a trade I'll take.
Kotal? Low bow swing.

Cassie/Sonya... Be afraid. If it's a dive kick spammer just wait. If it's someone who knows how to play her with actual combos, try to remember her strings cause I've got a lot of blocking coming up and sometimes with latency it doesn't even matter.
Jax? Usually they start with that superman punch, so block and then njp if possible.
Raiden? I usually block because it's either a babley or 1,1,whatever to start. You can tell the type of raiden player usually by this also. If they start with a superman, they're usually the type that loves to spam it recklessly, especially if they have meter on wake up.
Jin? Dash back, flying kick. Jin's love to start with that njp. And will often just sit there jumping with it repeatedly.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
As a Cage player, I'll typically F3 xx run cancel/mimic/4 against brand new opponents. If it's a Kung Jin or some other character with a strong NJP, I'll typically do Ji4 instead. It typically catches people off guard because people forget Johnny has air kicks.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
D4, if blocked or avoided, straight into armoured Spin for the counter poke / chase baby

I main Sonya, I usually neutral/back jump and divekick if the opponent whiffs. If I'm feeling confident I'll go for f2 into leg grab.