What's new

Question - Scorpion What is the best way to hit F4?

braandooon

I don't even know...
Scorpion's F4, is a overhead starter that has a start-up of 25 frames. It can lead to massive damage, 40%+. But a 25 frame start-up isn't the easiest thing to hit, it can be easily fuzzied.

As a Scorpion main, I love hitting F4, but trying to get it to hit isn't the easy. But with 21 being +24 on hit, as well as S3 being +24; what would you guys say is the best way to get it to hit? S3 into F4? 21 into F4? Or just using it after the usual, DB3?

Scorpion's F4, is a overhead starter that has a start-up of 25 frames. It can lead to massive damage, 40%+. But a 25 frame start-up isn't the easiest thing to hit, it can be easily fuzzied.

As a Scorpion main, I love hitting F4, but trying to get it to hit isn't the easy. But with 21 being +24 on hit, as well as S3 being +24; what would you guys say is the best way to get it to hit? S3 into F4? 21 into F4? Or just using it after the usual, DB3?
25F start up can be reacted not just fuzzy guarded but if you condition your opponent to block low a lot (many D4, D3, B3) a sneaky F4 when you have advantage might be successful.
Best thing if you can hit confirm F4 into exTele or (ex)spear and it is even safer. I did not bother with it yet.

Ninjutsu has F42 I use it a lot if I want safe OH mixup. Hellfire has F2 as OH so they expect more OH than from Ninjutsu.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
After you connect I think it's a Jump 2, the F4 won't link so it works as a tricky reset to catch people sleeping since I think after Jump 1 the F4 will connect (I could have the jump-ins mixed up though)

@STRYKIE hit me with it in casuals at Hypespotting. I'm sure he can help you.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
After you connect I think it's a Jump 2, the F4 won't link so it works as a tricky reset to catch people sleeping since I think after Jump 1 the F4 will connect (I could have the jump-ins mixed up though)

@STRYKIE hit me with it in casuals at Hypespotting. I'm sure he can help you.
otherway around scott, j2 is the one that links.

also the best way to hit f4 is to hit forward and 4 at the same time on your controller ;D

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I like to use it to stuff a delayed wakeup because of its long startup. The other time I use it as many said before is for d4, d3 to condition. As a ninjutsu main, I use f4 as my main oh on wakeup since it's unlikely to whiff should the opponent delay wakeup to compliment his oki. F42 is also useful in terms of safety and hit confirming. That's how I use f4 for the most part

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Instead of finishing combos with the teleport, end with standing 3. So for example, 114 tele, 21 chain, crossup jump 2, standing 3. There is no armorable gap, and the hit advantage on standing 3 is crazy. Almost everyone is crouching waiting for the teleport to finish the combo.

Another trick to land some cheap f4s is to use jump 1 into f4 mid combo. Jump 1 into f4 doesn't actually combo but it looks the same as jump 2 into f4. So for example 114 tele, 21 chain, crossup jump 1 (reset here) f4 chain into whatever you want, full combo.

braandooon

I don't even know...
Instead of finishing combos with the teleport, end with standing 3. So for example, 114 tele, 21 chain, crossup jump 2, standing 3. There is no armorable gap, and the hit advantage on standing 3 is crazy. Almost everyone is crouching waiting for the teleport to finish the combo.

Another trick to land some cheap f4s is to use jump 1 into f4 mid combo. Jump 1 into f4 doesn't actually combo but it looks the same as jump 2 into f4. So for example 114 tele, 21 chain, crossup jump 1 (reset here) f4 chain into whatever you want, full combo.
I've actually learned the standing 3 reset, but I appreciate you replying :)