What's new

What is Sektors Normal Mid?

Snolla

Noob
I can't seem to find it and this is my first day trying him out in practice mode. His normal mid that can hit someone who is in crouch block position like Sub Zeros big front kick.

EDIT: Found it. I meant overhead. Leg up and BK.

I can't seem to find it and this is my first day trying him out in practice mode. His normal mid that can hit someone who is in crouch block position like Sub Zeros big front kick.

EDIT: Found it. I meant overhead. Leg up and BK.
You don't want to use that, trust me. Stance should only be used when an opponent is blocking an Up Missile, or Homing Missile. I don't use it often, even then.

Sektor doesn't have a good overhead. The second 2, in 1, 2, 2, is an overhead, if you need one that badly.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
you mean the third...

if sektor had something like liu kang's f+3, sonya's f+4, or cage's f+4, he would be pretty broken.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
u34 is the only mid that can start any kind of combo, but it has very short range and you can see the startup for it a mile away.

You need to pretty much condition the opponent to block low when you're closing in for pressure, which you can do fairly easily with liberal use of the b34 starter. After this you will have a couple chances to neb em in crouch block, esp. after a UM reset. Your opponent will most likely catch onto this pretty fast though, and will stand up when he sees the leg lift. Make sure to use u334 for mindgames when that happens.

All in all this overhead shouldn't really be used as a regular part of your game due to it's risky nature. Use it whenever you sense a pattern or you've scared the holy hell out of someone with b34. It's a tool that should be used very sparingly.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Sektors leg lift only gets useful in the corner but not by very much. You should not be using leg lift as a combo starter because it is impossible to hit confirm into teleport uppercut. The 1, 2, 2 string is good for catching people with an overhead because most people don't understand that it is an overhead in the first place or it just helps vary your offense. I always cancel the 1, 2, 2 string into missile for the additional meter/block stun.

The thing about Sektor that people don't seem to understand is that he is not very combo intensive. He is essentially the Dhalsim of this game, he pokes from far away and pokes hard. Every time you push them full screen they have to go through Armageddon to get close to you again. I like to do up missile (on them), straight missile, up missile (in front of them), straight missile, flame. Depending on how quick they approach or don't approach you might have to change this missile pattern. When you land a flame you seem to be at slight advantage which gives you the opportunity to try and push them away again or run his limited set of frame traps (something I am still working on).

if you are using the stance make sure you get the full mind game off of it. Go into stance after a (safe) jump in and do 34(low) and see how they react.. if you do this a couple times you should have no problem doing the overhead (stance 4) into a combo (use extu to make it safe since you cant hit confirm it). But unfortunetely like many others in this thread have stated, it isn't that useful due to its slowness and IMO should ONLY be used after a jump in. If you have your opponent respecting the leg lift after a jump in you can cancel it into a throw or create you own mind game of mixing the 50/50's up. I myself use 122 as the overhead followed by a homing/up/straight missle. once you do a few 12's to feel them out they will start poking after the 12, thats when 122~whateverspecial comes in handy. Throw some straight/front/back/up missles out a medium/far range and see what your opponent does, since sektor can dash uber fast you can get a safe jump from a correctly placed front/upmissle giving you a leg lift 50/50. If sektor could go into an overhead starter without the stance IMO he would be close to broken. As sao said, its important to push your opponent further from you and making them come to you. Alot of sektors end the combo with b2~flame or 12~flame but a simple 11b1 will put your opponent as far as possible from you giving you the zoning edge. Also instant TU's (where you jump then immediately TU) are very important to learn so you can punish more projectiles on reaction. Sorry for the essay, i like to help out other sektors though!

sektor gains half a meter off of 122~any special here.

he can also get 2 homing missles for the price of 1 bar and about about 16% chip by doing 122~homing missle JiP122~homing missle JiP122~any special here

^this is considering the opponent turtles to avoid the homing missles, other wise a smart player might trade about 10% for your 8% just so you cant combo off the homing missle. This is good for late game situations where you have the life lead and can afford the meter. It also puts your opponent in a wtf im starting to sweat moment. You dont have to loop the 122~homing missle, im just giving you an example of gaining meter with sektor and decent chip

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
EX Teleport uppercut isn't safe, people just aren't throwing Sektor yet. On rare occasions people can even get a d1 into an air juggle.

EX Teleport uppercut isn't safe, people just aren't throwing Sektor yet. On rare occasions people can even get a d1 into an air juggle.
living guide has mistaken me :/ i get thrown outta extele sometimes but ill tech that if i kno its coming.

im pretty sure reptile can punish it with elbowdash :/ but ive never seen the d1~combo.. i would be devestated if i played someone and they got a nice air combo off of a blocked extu

*oh sektor can uppercut before the throw (helps that its about 7 frames)..you can test this but its worked for me quite alot

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
You can tech the throw. But don't get me wrong, if someone goes for a grab after an exTU, 95% chance it will work.

Normally I just go for a d1 after a blocked TU. Just yesterday however I was told by teef to do a d3 into up missile. So far this has worked wonders since d3 is 6 (maybe 7 frames) and on hit you have enough time to get an up missile out. If the opponent attacks the missile will hit them, canceling what they were doing.

IMO, good stuff to know, not to do every single time.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i can promise you the move itself is safe, its like raidens teleport, completely safe, but if you were to follow up the opponent would take priority

Crathen

Death is my business
EX TU seems like -5 on block so....not punishable but you still lose the momentum/pressure , anyone with a crouch hitting move faster than 11 frames is good to check him ( Kabals' f4 ) so Sektor can't lowpoke or jump/crossover , then when he'll start respecting the check you can pressure him with anything you want or even throw him.