What's new

Question What is Grundy's best AA?

Scorp-Zero

Salty Shazam
I've used Grundy since day 1 (pretty much) and his best AA is obviously his AA grab. But since the update I was wondering if dwn+2 is better/on par with his AA grab

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I think D2's been the best since day 1, myself. Best D2 in the game pre-patch, and very possibly still post.

Scorp-Zero

Salty Shazam
I think D2's been the best since day 1, myself. Best D2 in the game pre-patch, and very possibly still post.
With the online lag, doing the AA grab on reaction is very doable but the dwn+2 on reaction always seems to fail me or I get trade, a trade in my favour yes, but still a trade

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
With the online lag, doing the AA grab on reaction is very doable but the dwn+2 on reaction always seems to fail me or I get trade, a trade in my favour yes, but still a trade
same
I only do d2 on people crossing me up point blank, or someone who just won't quit jumping.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You play Grundy... we sort of have to jump lol

Also, to hell with dat uppercut.
I understand. I mean just obvious jumps right into my face.

I've started to agree with king that the air grab is just a better thing to use at all times.

I feel bad for characters who don't have a good diagonal air projectile.... because those are truly the only thing that keep him in check.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I understand. I mean just obvious jumps right into my face.

I've started to agree with king that the air grab is just a better thing to use at all times.

I feel bad for characters who don't have a good diagonal air projectile.... because those are truly the only thing that keep him in check.
Agreed... all of my hard knockdown setups with Frost get raped by that aa grab ;_;

It's definately the AA grab. There is very little hurt box in front/above grundy when you use it and it has more reach in an u/f direction than the d2. d2 hurt box actually extends above the d2 at points in the animation so its possible to cleanly beat or trade with grundy. Sometimes you can follow up with a combo off a trade sometimes not. The u/f range isn't very good. Its main use is directly under the opponent and as part of your wakeup options or as a quick punisher when in range.