What's new

What if throw KB’s led to a pop up with a small juggle instead of doing a flat amount

Kind of a pointless addition, but it seemed like it would be cool to me. And instead of the dumb throw that does 310, it would be a combo starter that scales more and has slight execution requirements to complete. Kind of like Jades throw KB, but maybe scale them more universally. Could also lead to a fun meta change because throw KBs become less free when you can break away from them ect. Idk. Just a high thought lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In a game where everyone does the same nobody is special. Basically there is nothing special about everyone doing the exact same thing.
For example, Given Skarlet playstyle her KBs doing absurd damage doesn't fit, they should all just do DOT which fits perfectly with her playstyle.

Jade doesn't have usual launchers so it makes sense her throw KB be a launcher.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
In a game where everyone does the same nobody is special. Basically there is nothing special about everyone doing the exact same thing.
For example, Given Skarlet playstyle her KBs doing absurd damage doesn't fit, they should all just do DOT which fits perfectly with her playstyle.

Jade doesn't have usual launchers so it makes sense her throw KB be a launcher.
Except Jade's throw KB completely f*cks her up because she NEEDS the damage. But nope, breakaway. It makes no sense for a character that needs damage to take it away so easily.

Kind of a pointless addition, but it seemed like it would be cool to me. And instead of the dumb throw that does 310, it would be a combo starter that scales more and has slight execution requirements to complete. Kind of like Jades throw KB, but maybe scale them more universally. Could also lead to a fun meta change because throw KBs become less free when you can break away from them ect. Idk. Just a high thought lol.
Im all for this change man. That would expose people who only rely on throw guessing games for their offense .

Slymind

Noob
I like the Idea, to add, i think KBs should do less damage overall but leave the opponent unable to break If they pop. I think KBs are hype, but it's linda lame when you get that pop up KB just so the opponent breaks away subsequently.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I think that my issue is that the KBs themselves help emphasize throwing, so if there was a way to incentivize not using them as much it helps

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
If pop ups are what we're asking for now just put back NJP popups like the past two games and allow more strings to be special cancelable or lead to a pop up by themselves while reducing KB damage in general. The problem with KB's at least for me is they dont feel as rewarding as actual combo executions through MB's or from the few pop up options some characters already have. If they were to do what some people suggest in here like pop up with reduced damage while being unable to breakaway from than that would do wonders for the feeling of a lack of execution or variety in playstyle that i know quite a few players are frequently expressing about MK11s gameplay.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
ahh, they've already done this with some characters in Deception era like shujinko with throws leading to juggles. I mean I wouldn't be TOO against it if they ditched KB's and maybe if everyone had it. I can see this leading to some dumb shit thought...

Last edited:
I like the Idea, to add, i think KBs should do less damage overall but leave the opponent unable to break If they pop. I think KBs are hype, but it's linda lame when you get that pop up KB just so the opponent breaks away subsequently.
Well my understanding is KB’s do two things: punish your opponent for breaking away previously with big damage, or forcing them to breakaway when you want a meaty knockdown no BS. A KB throw would then start following these rules instead of being a random unbreakable 310 damage off a 50/50 throw. Throw KB becomes less threatening when you have a breakaway to counter it, and more of a threat when you waste your defensive meter breaking away before they do it. It would deepen the meta behind doing them IMO.

in general, there are a lot of scenarios you can lab where your KB can be unbreakable. For example, punishing a tech roll with a counter hit/punish KB string will lead to the pop up being unbreakable since they wasted their meter on tech roll.

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
What? You don't think grabbing a guy out of the corner once isn't an IQ 50000 move? Clearly you deserve mega grab damage the next time you do it, it's only fair!
LOL my favorite ridiculous ass KB requirement is Geras having to miss ground sand twice. Not only is he straight up loaded with a shitload of tools he gets big damage for fucking up.

Zviko

Noob
LOL my favorite ridiculous ass KB requirement is Geras having to miss ground sand twice. Not only is he straight up loaded with a shitload of tools he gets big damage for fucking up.
And the funniest thing was, they called that a nerf.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Im all for this change man. That would expose people who only rely on throw guessing games for their offense .
Sigh...no need to expose me, I'll just identify myself right here and now :(

Hi everyone, my name is Ram.... and I'm a throwaholic