What's new

Question What if Rain had his old dash?

Enenra

Go to hell.
Not a buff request. Theoretical debate only to satisfy an outward philospher.

So, Rain is top 15 in the newest match up chart. I can live with that, that's A tier. However, it really makes me wonder how he would be if he had his pre-nerf dash. Let me put it in perspective:
-Zoners would have a harder time as Rain can quickly dash block in
-Less meter dependency in getting in on zoners
-His RH cancels would be even more intense, 34 RH cancel 34 would be sex
-Quicker back dash to lure a JIP and punish
-Armor cancels to gain ground would demolish in CQC

I feel like that's a top 10 character right there. Seems like a mash of a safer Scorpion, a purpler Sonya, and a faster Johnny Cage, with some Ermac style damage. Am I off my rocker or is this legit?

BookBurning

Voidwards
Then he'd be top 10. You could also get a full combo with a 43 roundhouse off of a lightning almost anywhere on the screen. We saw how good Rain was when he had his dash via JR at Summerjam; he was the best out of the ninja's and top ten material. But now that's gone and we have to deal with it.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I would do trade my first born for that damn dash to come back. That was even before I knew how to do it at least moderately well. I could only imagine what you could do BookBurning with it ...

Aw man!
I could only begin to imagine the type of game us Rain players could develop around 4-3/4-RH-cancels and uppercut combo set-ups/mindgames.

If only ...