What's new

Question - Master of Storms What if MoS had some Venom GGX type stuff added?

Aramonde

Noob
Hey guys i was thinking about MoS and thought what if Raiden could hit his orbs forward at the opponent kinda like Venom hits orbs in Guilty Gear Xrd? (doesnt have to be hit in all crazy directions like Venom just forward)

You could throw out an orb then do a command and he hits the orb forward and if it hits it explodes and does X amount of damage. you could hit it at different speeds like Reptiles acid balls.

What do you guys think?

Also make it so you control the two orbs linking yourself with L2/LT.

NRS will not allow this variation to be good. There's so many things they could have done to make orbs better and what do they do? Proximity damage LOL. They say "yeah use it like Aaron's spikes in the corner!" Too bad when you throw an orb out its too far behind them, while having such bad recovery you get punished as well.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
NRS will not allow this variation to be good. There's so many things they could have done to make orbs better and what do they do? Proximity damage LOL. They say "yeah use it like Aaron's spikes in the corner!" Too bad when you throw an orb out its too far behind them, while having such bad recovery you get punished as well.
Extremely shitty proximity damage, I may add.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Can we get a buff MoS train rolling?

I want the same thing but think it can range from -3 to 0. Maybe +. Might be too good with a 6f high and a 8f mid.

The hitbox is only active for short time.

The spark from activating trap can no longer be low profiled unless you use one high trap.

Change up the frames on trap so I can use it more instead of fishing for knockdowns. (Might not be needed if I can just space orb to hit and be safe.)

For fun, allow me to pop a single orb. Allows for combos and some space options. Probably cost a bar.

Give MoS ex lightning ball stop. Take it away from TG. (I really hate that TG has this and MoS doesn't)
Dude if they stand in the trap for the whole ten seconds they take 4% chip. If that's shitty damage I don't know what good is
Why would someone do that? Especially when after touching it, you can still run?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
This variation is already good. People need to use it more.

Why would someone do that? Especially when after touching it, you can still run?
The orbs act like EB's caltrops; they cause damage over time and they stop your run. As is they are a great spacing tool.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

The orbs act like EB's caltrops; they cause damage over time and they stop your run. As is they are a great spacing tool.
Yes they do that now, never said they didn't. But why would anyone stay on the orb longer than it takes to jump/run/dash/something else?

As for great spacing tool, I don't know about that one.

It was sarcasm 4% for standing in a trap for a whole ten seconds is terrible damage
Whew! Thought you were trying to ruin my buff bandwagon.

They can't be used like caltrops because if you throw them out after a combo in the corner they are too far behind the opponent to do any proximity damage. Also the recover on orbs is so bad there is almost no way to set them up after a combo without getting punished.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
They can't be used like caltrops because if you throw them out after a combo in the corner they are too far behind the opponent to do any proximity damage. Also the recover on orbs is so bad there is almost no way to set them up after a combo without getting punished.
You can place them basically anywhere on the screen; they are better than caltrops.

Once you have a single orb on the screen, it doesn't matter how negative they are because any potential counterpoke will lead to a full combo punish. The things stay active for a stupidly long time too.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
You can place them basically anywhere on the screen; they are better than caltrops.

Once you have a single orb on the screen, it doesn't matter how negative they are because any potential counterpoke will lead to a full combo punish. The things stay active for a stupidly long time too.
Up ones don't touch anyone grounded. there are like 2 ways to safely get one off. If the first orb isn't way behind your opponent or the second orb is the towards one, that person can backdash,jump,walk. Or low poke and probably armour through in some MUs and special cases.

Mind you, Raiden only has 3 + on block strings and one has a armour gap. The plus frames never go past +2.

For all intents and purposes I'd take EB and caltrops over Raiden and orbs. Variations specific orbs at that.

Orbs are not some crazy anti punish tool everyone keeps saying they are.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Just labbed EB's caltrops.

EB's caltrops do 16(?) ticks of 0.50% for 8%.
Bigger range than Raiden's orbs.
Caltrops can be put in 3 grounded locations of close, medium and far.
Once standing on them it is possible for the caltrops to stop your run again.
EX does fucking 1% per tick.

Raiden's orbs do 0.20% for 4% (didn't test this.)
Tiny hitbox though it's a bit bigger than one would initially think.
4 standardized locations. Towards and backwards are about starting position away from Raiden. Same for upwards orbs except they are more in the air.
Pretty easy to run again after the initial run is stopped.
EX gives a full trap instead.

Please no one compare caltrops to orbs ever again.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I support anything that will make this variation more about controlling space rather than just getting some setplay tech. I'd agree on making trade-offs if needed.

While we are at it, make Displacer more Slayer-ish :p
Oh God. Teleport cancel EX Shockers.

Getting the first orb out is the problem though. It's always a risk.