What's new

What if Mortal Kombat was real? BY LifesBiggestQuestions

First of all, we don't actually know that the original timeline is in any way relevant to MK11 (other than Kronika possibly preferring it).

But more importantly, it's not just that the first timeline "didn't happen," it's more like those games are so ancient, and everything about them has been retconned so heavily, that even if they did happen, they certainly did not happen the way MK1/2/3/4/etc portrayed it back in the day.

So IMO relying on them as evidence of anything at this point is pretty shaky.
^This is factually incorrect. At the end of the original timeline, Dark Raiden sends his memories to his past self to try and avert Armageddon. As I'm sure you're aware, that's the whole point of Mortal Kombat (2011)'s story.

Raiden then goes about changing his actions which results in the current timeline. We see lots of key events from the original timeline in Raiden's "flashes" during that game, and many overall story and character arcs still occur in the current timeline. Even despite these changes, Armageddon was still going to occur until Raiden finally figures out how to really avert the crisis by that game's end.

Without the original timeline, the current timeline would not exist.

So yes, it's extremely relevant, and the original timeline absolutely happened.

Wigy

There it is...
I mean if we want to be super anal and realistic about it. Most realms would wipe each other out with diseases neither had been exposed to.

Christopher Columbus with his gringo flu all over again

I mean if we want to be super anal and realistic about it. Most realms would wipe each other out with diseases neither had been exposed to.

Christopher Columbus with his gringo flu all over again
If you read the Mortal Kombat X comics, Kotal kind of did that.