What's new

Question What if MKX had legitimate Character Themes?

Should we get some themes in MK?

• Total voters

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I mean when you get down to it, street fighter is like music and some very minor voice over effects.

MK is all about ambiance, you don't want the music being louder than the sound of Jax breaking your neck and the game cutting to pure and simple silence.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
People who dislike MK music usually havent properly heard it (It is not loud enough), or are just fans of those techno songs that have no place in MK.

If you rather fight with this on the background is ok, I get it, but it would just feel weird in a MK game:

Lokheit

Noob

"Oh Chinese Ninja Warrior, with a heart so cold... Sub-Zero
Oh your life is a mystery, warrior with a mask... Sub-Zero"

My brain would have a hard time accepting any other song as Subbie's theme :p

Anyway, it would be hard to make decent songs for every single MK character, there are a lot of them now and the bar in fighting game themes is already high with awesome stuff like Guile's theme.

Lol No, I'm just gay and love dance beats ya shady ninny (nice try though). Besides, the point is still that the music is meant to compliment and enhance the action on screen. Hence why if I'd rather dance than play, then there's a problem (and being super honest, Tekken is boring as fuck for me anyways).
well for me it enhances the action and doesn't distract me - have fun with mkx soundtrack i guess

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge

"Oh Chinese Ninja Warrior, with a heart so cold... Sub-Zero
Oh your life is a mystery, warrior with a mask... Sub-Zero"

My brain would have a hard time accepting any other song as Subbie's theme :p

Anyway, it would be hard to make decent songs for every single MK character, there are a lot of them now and the bar in fighting game themes is already high with awesome stuff like Guile's theme.
First of all, Subzero's not a ninja, he's Lin Kuei

2nd of all, Ninja's are Japanese, not Chinese :DOGE

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
For themes to work they need character stages, eh not really Mortal Kombatish

when I think of MK theme music this always comes to mind

and that sick remix