What's new

What Happened, NRS?!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
They can't just disregard the timeline nonsense, but I agree. Simple fix is to have someone (Shang?) destroy ALL timelines sans one. That timeline can be back in the time of the Great King Lao. Start the game fresh from the first ancient tournament. Yes alot of characters will have to go by the way side. It would be the freshest, but it would steer the course going forward.

Alternatively, timeline can be immediately AFTER MK9 since MKX was 20 years after or some shit.

Either of those two is what I would like to see.

Fuck all this Kronika driven bullshit.
I'd like, assuming there is a competent writing team, for them to just pretend that everything starting from MK9 never happened and go right back to the story during Armageddon. Those are the characters and story threads that people love and want to see. And by people, I mean me.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
A simple solution would be having (titan?) Onaga use the Kamidogu to destroy every hourglass, so the timelines either are all destroyed, merged into one, or stay without crossing into one another. Personally I like the idea of just making them stay without crossing eachother, as that opens up the possibilty of spin off titles without them being "non-cannon".

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Nah we don't need spin offs, and all this timeline shit needs to FOAD. Main writer Hackboy McGee needs to be fired immediately.

Ok so Onaga comes back uses the Kamidogu and merges every timeline together back to insert time period here. I'm down with all that if we can get rid of these man bunned goofs.

Subby Z

Noob
I just want a scene at this point where I see a spear go through Kuai Liang Scorpions head and maybe Kuai chops Bi-han in half with an ice axe or something haha.

Those are my favorite (and main iterations) of the characters. That will make up for some of it with me lol

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Gonna be a Cynical Simon here for a moment... I honestly doubt we're ever seeing the Kamidogu or Onaga ever again :(
I don't think so unless they fuck up MK2 somehow as they mention Onaga a lot in the intros in reference to Reiko's ending where you see Onaga as Reiko talks about how Onaga was trapped in Mount Tsaagan by General Shao's female ancestor & that General Shao & Reiko plan about taming him so they can takeover Outworld.

haketh

Noob
Gonna be a Cynical Simon here for a moment... I honestly doubt we're ever seeing the Kamidogu or Onaga ever again :(
I feel like if we get a Aftermath style expansion, we're seeing Onaga given where all the Ladder Endings point to. This is where I'm disappointed in the story stuff with MK1, I actually really like what Dom has setup politics wise with Outworld and how textured it is, but it takes a backseat to the Timeline stuff and I'm hoping the stuff they've setup works around that.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Not gonna lie...kinda loving some of these skins. This must be where Sindel had different hair color in early rumors.

In another news. I just saw random post that Megan Fox on some website is forcing her kids to drink blood and perform rituals and into witchcraft. For one...who cares. That is not exactly effecting her performance and at least she did her cute pink hat promotion for the game. I just don't understand why if someone gathers in a circle and prays to an alter of Hecate why they would care. If you are not hurting yourself, your kids, and have no proof or source then shame on you. Even the great Shania Twain who is not US citizen was casually asked said if she were to vote who would it be and she said Trump. She later lost massive ticket sales and said .... "look i don't fully understand US politics, and should have said that and not answered" and did this on LGBT and Black podcasts. I just want world peace! (But fun amazing fantasy/violence/etc in my games and movies)..

Subby Z

Noob
I feel like if we get a Aftermath style expansion, we're seeing Onaga given where all the Ladder Endings point to. This is where I'm disappointed in the story stuff with MK1, I actually really like what Dom has setup politics wise with Outworld and how textured it is, but it takes a backseat to the Timeline stuff and I'm hoping the stuff they've setup works around that.
Nah it’s all awful

Art Lean

Noob
I don't think so unless they fuck up MK2 somehow as they mention Onaga a lot in the intros in reference to Reiko's ending where you see Onaga as Reiko talks about how Onaga was trapped in Mount Tsaagan by General Shao's female ancestor & that General Shao & Reiko plan about taming him so they can takeover Outworld.
I appreciate that, but what I mean is, I personally don't think they're going to go there with the actual storyline. I feel like they're going to keep it as safe, broad-strokes and superhero-y as they can and not put off the casual masses with hardcore MK lore from the unpopular era.

After 4 games the storyline's basically gone nowhere, they've even given up inventing new characters this time around.

I'd love to be wrong, but not feeling like they want to go "too" MK ever again.

With this season I can officially say I'm done with the game. The last season was already insanely long, there's no excuse for season to be longer than a month and on top of that they had the nerve to delay them. After all of that they give us wrong skins for the season and no crossplay in one mode where it matters the most? Tekken 8 has a lot of things that I have a problem with, but this game makes it look perfect in comparison. Definitely sticking to it.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I appreciate that, but what I mean is, I personally don't think they're going to go there with the actual storyline. I feel like they're going to keep it as safe, broad-strokes and superhero-y as they can and not put off the casual masses with hardcore MK lore from the unpopular era.

After 4 games the storyline's basically gone nowhere, they've even given up inventing new characters this time around.

I'd love to be wrong, but not feeling like they want to go "too" MK ever again.
I actually hope that they don't go down the freeing & taming Onaga route. They already took the Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness plotline but by freeing Onaga & failing to tame him would be a ripoff of Dragon Age II: Legacy where you have to decide to either help destroy or try to tame an ancient Tevinter magister turned darkspawn named Corypheus.

I actually hope that they don't go down the freeing & taming Onaga route. They already took the Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness plotline but by freeing Onaga & failing to tame him would be a ripoff of Dragon Age II: Legacy where you have to decide to either help destroy or try to tame an ancient Tevinter magister turned darkspawn named Corypheus.
They went soft with this game and made all of the bad guys/girls either good or weak

Onaga will come back as The Dragon King of Love and Cupcakes

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
They went soft with this game and made all of the bad guys/girls either good or weak

Onaga will come back as The Dragon King of Love and Cupcakes
For some reason when I read “The Dragon King of Love and Cupcakes” my only thought was Dabura The Demon King from Dragon Ball Z in Heaven when before he died, he was a badass henchman who 1-shots Kibito & gives Gohan a good fight before being killed by Majin Buu to this…

Law Hero

With this season I can officially say I'm done with the game. The last season was already insanely long, there's no excuse for season to be longer than a month and on top of that they had the nerve to delay them. After all of that they give us wrong skins for the season and no crossplay in one mode where it matters the most? Tekken 8 has a lot of things that I have a problem with, but this game makes it look perfect in comparison. Definitely sticking to it.
Same here, unfortunately. The main reason I hadn't uninstalled yet was because I was waiting for the Mileena season since she's one of my mains, but it's just garbage. I must say, if you had told the me of last year that I would play LESS MK1 than MK11, I would have been absolutely flabbergasted. It's a dame shame to see Mortal Kombat go from first place (in my opinion) to last place on the fighting game totem within just ten years.

I uninstalled to install FF7 Rebirth. I hadn't touched MK1 in so long it was insane...and that was after investing hours upon hours into Reiko. Game just isn't enjoyable and all the other content in it is terrible. Combine that with NRS horrible handling of...well...everything...and why should I stay playing? I have SF6 (which just dropped my boy Ed), Tekken 8 (which is the best Tekken since one of my all time favorite games Tekken 3) and now FF7 Rebirth to play with the wife.

MK1 offers nothing. Previously the wife pumped in 1000 hours into MK11 using AI to collect all the stuff she wanted from towers to customize characters and run around in the krypt. She loved it. She was looking forward to it with MK1. NRS, instead, nixed AI options altogether as an accessibility/fun option. So no game for her. She'll just stick with Hogwarts & Final Fantasy and has agreed that there's no reason to buy the next MK since I didn't find much in it for myself either.

Ball wasn't dropped...it was spiked into the ground and then NRS did an end zone dance over it. Too bad they were in the wrong end zone.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
@YagamiFire Interesting you say this. I got FF7 remake when it came out right when the covid shutdown hit in 2020. For whatever reason I didn't really realize it was going to be in parts and just be focused on on the first area, so I lost interest a tad and just quit playing. Then intergrade hit and there was an upgrade where you could get the combo for like 10 bucks more for rebirth and play on new consoles. and everything is linked to my PSN account. They did this with FFXiv as well. You can play the game entirely free up until the newest dlc but if you haven't got that far you still have to subscribe if you aren't at that level. They will sometimes have a free login campaign. and MK1 took nearly all day just from what was on the disc to play. it's like we can't win. I usually only get the discs for game unless i'm forced not to.It's crazy though how much space a lot of these games take up. that alone gets exhausting. I still think many like of the FF hold up to this day. I have been tempted to get the FFX/X-2 remaster. I loved the idea of how the first story was and gloomy, but then they may move on and become pop stars. I still have yet to play FF15 that I think I can get free from my psn and I haven't played the one that recently came out but I'm sure they are great. If only i had time, tons of money, and NRS/WBD would hire me to get people to make the game amazing! If you wan't Season of the Rainbow... you got it! You want Season of Sexy Daddy Kano....you got it. You want Season all the characters in the game....you got it! If you wan't blood....you got it! See what I did there? hehe

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Yeah, I'm done with this game also. Never mind the fact that the NRS community in online play is toxic as dogshit compared to any other game let alone fighting games, this last patch did it for me.

The incompetence of these people is baffling. The whole fuckup with the wrong season aside, they actually gave the lower tier characters/kameos like Sub-Zero nothing while keeping the stupid characters like Cage, Sindel, Raiden and Stryker untouched. I mean, are these people fuckin blind? Every tournament is dominated by these few characters and we get a "fixed a rare issue with bla fuckin bla" character patch.

I have zero confidence in that they will fix this game. I hope I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain. I just hope by some miracle the next game doesn't have a single dev that worked on any of the NRS games. Give it to a Japanese developer so they know what to actually fucking do.

Ps. Thank God for Tekken 8 and Street Fighter 6

Last edited:

Law Hero

I would've loved to have seen Liu Kang carry over his stance switch gimmick from duelist of MKXL into MK1 by ways of alternating both flames.
That would have been great. I was really bummed out that they didn't bring back Ravenous Mileena's chain grabs back from MKX at all either. In fact, there were a lot of neat MKX moves/variations that I wish had stayed a part of the characters' movesets.