What's new

What Happened, NRS?!

People need to get off John Tobias' dick. Seriously.

You're nostalgic for games that were 90's to their very core. They did not age well.
im sorry but transforming mk into some superhero wannabe univers isnt good,what john did was great and if he had stayed im sure mk,in terms of lore,story,satying true to its identity and many other aspects would be in a much better place.

did the classics and 3d era games have some whacky things that wouldnt exactly be recieved postively today,sure but its not a big deal,similarly how lets say the old RE games had super cringe voice acting and dialogue thats literall comedy today,but its unfair to hold those old games to todays standards in some of those aspects,and even then those aspects dont take away from the greatness of those games.

its funny how you want to play it all off on nostalgia,you need to accept the facts and stop hating.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
took him long enough to barely introduce something decent,he cant hold a candle to what john did.

safe to say you need to get of doms dick bro.
Saying, "I know you are but what am I," isn't the epic own you think it is.

Rude

im sorry but transforming mk into some superhero wannabe univers isnt good,what john did was great and if he had stayed im sure mk,in terms of lore,story,satying true to its identity and many other aspects would be in a much better place.

did the classics and 3d era games have some whacky things that wouldnt exactly be recieved postively today,sure but its not a big deal,similarly how lets say the old RE games had super cringe voice acting and dialogue thats literall comedy today,but its unfair to hold those old games to todays standards in some of those aspects,and even then those aspects dont take away from the greatness of those games.

its funny how you want to play it all off on nostalgia,you need to accept the facts and stop hating.

I like facts. Here's one for you: Change is inevitable and fighting against it will only end in misery.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
"The game balance if anything is too good?" Stop. Do you play online at all? Watch tournaments. You see pretty much the same few main characters with the same regurgitation of cameos.
In the last month or so I've seen the following characters in Top 8, and I can name the players:
  • Rain w/ Cyrax, Sub-Zero Stryker (Won 2 events) (Bandinoz)
  • Mileena w/ Lao (Dexydawg, Hourglass of Rain)
  • Ashrah w/ Sareena (Dragon, Yungmonster)
  • Johnny w/ Sonya, Motaro, Sub-Zero, Goro, Kano and like 3 other kameos (Getreked, KingGambler, Kanimani)
  • Havik w/ Stryker (BeyondToxin)
  • Sindel w/ Lao, Sub-Zero, Sareena and Tremor (Sonic Fox, Koisy, Ludi)
  • Geras w/ Lao (Won 1 event) (Grr)
  • Raiden w/ Goro, Kano (won 1 event) (Kanimai, Young Chicuelo)
  • Liu Kang w/ Motaro, Stryker, Lao (Won 1 event) (Ninjakilla, Getreked, Brett, Tweedy)
  • Kung Lao w/ Kung Lao, Motaro
  • Shao Kahn w/ Kano, Motaro, Lao (Dyloch, VGY, Rewind)
  • Kenshi w/ Sub-Zero, Cyrax, Sonya (Foxy, TheMightyUnjust, Hayatei)
  • Reiko w/ Tremor (Rewind, Han Rashid)
  • Nitara w/ Lao, Sareena (Aphrodite)
  • Smoke w/ Sareena, Sub-Zero, Kano, Scorpion (Justnasty, TheWayneNumber1)
  • Baraka w/ Stryker (Tweedy)
  • Scorpion w/ Stryker (Javier)
  • Omni-Man (Turkey)
  • Quan-Chi w/ Sektor, Sareena (TheMightyUnjust. Kombat)
  • Tanya w/ Goro, Stryker (AJ)
It's almost the entire cast. The only characters I don't expect to see are Li Mei, Shang, Sub-Zero, and Reptile (although HoneyBee occasionally makes top 8). The only Kameos I never see in tourney are Shujinko and Frost.

So I'm not sure what you mean by this.

In the last month or so I've seen the following characters in Top 8, and I can name every player:
  • Rain w/ Cyrax, Sub-Zero Stryker (Won 2 events) (Bandinoz)
  • Mileena w/ Lao (Dexydawg, Hourglass of Rain)
  • Ashrah w/ Sareena (Dragon, Yungmonster)
  • Johnny w/ Sonya, Motaro, Sub-Zero, Goro, Kano and like 3 other kameos (Getreked, KingGambler, Kanimani)
  • Havik w/ Stryker (BeyondToxin)
  • Sindel w/ Lao, Sub-Zero and Sareena (Sonic Fox, Koisy, Ludi)
  • Geras w/ Lao (Won 1 event) (Grr)
  • Raiden w/ Goro, Kano (won 1 event) (Kanimai, Young Chicuelo)
  • Liu Kang w/ Motaro, Stryker, Lao (Won 1 event) (Ninjakilla, Getreked, Brett, Tweedy)
  • Kung Lao w/ Kung Lao, Motaro
  • Shao Kahn w/ Kano, Motaro, Lao (Dyloch, VGY, Rewind)
  • Kenshi w/ Sub-Zero, Cyrax, Sonya (Foxy, TheMightyUnjust, Hayatei)
  • Reiko w/ Tremor (Rewind, Han Rashid)
  • Nitara w/ Lao, Sareena (Aphrodite)
  • Smoke w/ Sareena, Sub-Zero, Kano (Justnasty, TheWayneNumber1)
  • Baraka w/ Stryker (Tweedy)
  • Scorpion w/ Stryker (Javier)
  • Omni-Man (Turkey)
  • Quan-Chi w/ Sektor, Sareena (TheMightyUnjust. Kombat)
It's almost the entire cast. The only characters I don't expect to see are Li Mei, Shang, Sub-Zero, Tanya and Reptile (although HoneyBee occationally makes top 8). The only Kameos I never see in tourney are Shujinko and Frost.

So I'm not sure what you mean by this.
  1. I think many people are downplaying how good the balance is. Full stop. I do get that the game lacks diversity in playstyles if you're comparing to other fighters but it's own cast does have a lot of rep.
  2. I think some people are denying how bad some balance cases are. I made a lame ass "sub won't ever make top 8" prediction and that shit holds. I should look like a fool and the longer this goes, I don't. I think Quan Chi is going to end up in a similar spot, as i'm really questioning how long he's going to stick around. I feel like the play i've seen he's still occasionally getting away with murder, or players aren't always pressing the advantages they have (seen too many people finally get in and then just...back up?)
  3. The game still needs some serious buffing. Javier is doing gods work with scorpion, but man does it suck to see kameo's reduced to basically one move. Tanya is in a similar spot where I swear to god half the match footage i've seen is just armored launcher into kameo and that's the ENTIRE gameplan.
  4. The netcode doesn't help anyone with how it is right now. Characters like smoke vary WILDLY in what they can get away with in online vs real life.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Whoever made Sub-zeros atrocious masks NEEDS to be fired!
This is another reason. The current maximum weekly unemployment benefit in Illinois is $484 per week with no dependents. If you have dependents, the maximum increases to $693. In Illinois, you can collect severance pay and unemployment benefits simultaneously. According to Section 2920.45, amounts paid or payable to the individual as severance pay shall not render the individual ineligible to receive benefits under Section 2920.5. This is why no one is getting fired. This is more than $100 more maximum than many other states. So, if you are working hybrid or remotely especially during the games making they were likely wherever and most of the employees don't live in Chicago. Many live in other suburban areas and go in when needed. This is a lot of the reason for many companies not getting the axe.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that the concept was so high level for you.
Dog you waxed philosophical over someone not liking the way a VIDEO GAME FRANCHISE has shifted tone. Just lol. Lmao, even. Rofl, if you will.

Please have fun trolling others, I'm not interested. But, I'm sure you're used to people telling you that.

Rude

Dog you waxed philosophical over someone not liking the way a VIDEO GAME FRANCHISE has shifted tone. Just lol. Lmao, even. Rofl, if you will.

Please have fun trolling others, I'm not interested. But, I'm sure you're used to people telling you that.
You.....you think that's waxing philosophical?

Do you think counting to ten is hard, too?

im sorry but transforming mk into some superhero wannabe univers isnt good,
While I'm not an overall fan of this either, it's what's huge in media right now and greatly appeals to the masses (though thankfully, it does seem that people are finally getting tired/burnt out of super hero "epics.").

For Dominic himself, keep in mind we do not know if he's the one who's proposed the current story arcs, or if he's writing them based on direction from his own management. Regardless of which, his management would need to approve it before the development team moves forward with it.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
im sorry but transforming mk into some superhero wannabe univers isnt good,
Indeed, sadly for some of us, EdBoon really love the DC/Marvel "vision" about what entertainment should be in all medias. That multiverse stuff for example is just boring and lazy, but a good shortcut when you don't have cool ideas anymore and a no risk path who usually please hard dickrider fans. (=easy money)

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I honestly hope MK is taken over again by a more capable company by the time the next game comes out. Also, Ed needs to fuckin retire already, at least from MK. Put someone else in charge for a change so the game can deviate from its current stale/repetitive shit narrative and take a whole fresh direction.