What's new

What "dont" you like about the game so far?

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Why shouldn't the chip be amazing? That seems like a style choice. :16Bit
Because it leads to very boring and stupid scenarios, Supermans Eyebeams/Ravens Raven/Adams Lightning do insane chip. In some scenarios characters can literally do combos with the chip damage if you don't have meter. Nightwing has like 70%+ combos involving chip damage.

AkTiVe

o.o
Clash system, I still don't know how it works. I just press RT twice all the time.
I don't know if the winner is chosen randomly or what not

Well you don't balance for online anyways.

Another thing is that chip damage is amazing, when it shouldn't be.
No you dont but the point is a good majority of players play online so Injustice should play better online. As far as zoning offline maybe those characters need those all those zoning advantages and without proper testing you can end up end up nerfing the wrong things making character weaker then they need to be. Chip damage is strong but offline it just might be justified. Dashing can work pretty well offline as i stated but i still think its to early to make any drastic changes. Lets start with subtle changes like fixing some of the glitches that might effect then gameplay and then start worrying about character balance.

Clash system, I still don't know how it works. I just press RT twice all the time.
I don't know if the winner is chosen randomly or what not
When the buttons on the screen appear choose the one that offers up more meter if you want to win the clash. If you dont want to waste meter even if you can win because you have more meter choose the button gambles less meter. I recommend watching some streams to see how some of the current strong players are using it.

AkTiVe

o.o
When the buttons on the screen appear choose the one that offers more meter if you want to win the clash. If you dont want to waste meter even with the lead choose the button gambles less meter.
ohhhhh, and when there is a tie does it mean we both hit the same button?

ApertureBlack

No you dont but the point is a good majority of players play online so Injustice should play better online. As far as zoning offline maybe those characters need those all those zoning advantages and without proper testing you can end up end up nerfing the wrong things making character weaker then they need to be. Chip damage is strong but offline it just might be justified. Dashing can work pretty well offline as i stated but i still think its to early to make any drastic changes. Lets start with subtle changes like fixing some of the glitches that might effect then gameplay and then start worrying about character balance.
Well online is generally for fun, not in a balance sense. Of course Injustice should get better netcode though.

Well online is generally for fun, not in a balance sense. Of course Injustice should get better netcode though.
Of course but online play is large aspect of the game. Not only that but top leve players use online play as a practicing grounds for offline play due to its convenience however with the state of the current netcode its a noticeably different game online. When it comes to gameplay changes and character balance changes id rather wait on those because who knows what new tech will be found out over time. Injustice is still a baby as ive stated before in terms of a fighting games life span. All im saying is lets make the right character balance and gameplay changes instead of jumping the gun so the wrong changes end up happening.

ApertureBlack

Of course but online play is large aspect of the game. Not only that but top leve players use online play as a practicing grounds for offline play due to its convenience however with the state of the current netcode its a noticeably different game online. When it comes to gameplay changes and character balance changes id rather wait on those because who knows what new tech will be found out over time. Injustice is still a baby as ive stated before in terms of a fighting games life span. All im saying is lets make the right character balance and gameplay changes instead of jumping the gun so the wrong changes end up happening.
I don't believe many pros use online as a basis for practice, its much better to simply play with other good people offline. Changing from offline to online is pretty dumb if you want to remember tactics.

Online play is a large part of play for casual players, as in players who bought the game for fun and not a competitive sense.

But yes, balance changes are incoming, brace yourself for Batgirlpocalypse

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Yup in other words yourve wagered the same amount of meter as your opponent.
I don't believe many pros use online as a basis for practice, its much better to simply play with other good people offline. Changing from offline to online is pretty dumb if you want to remember tactics.

Online play is a large part of play for casual players, as in players who bought the game for fun and not a competitive sense.

I cant wait for Batgirlpocalypse. :16Bit

Your kidding me right? Even Daigo Umehara practices SSFIV AE online and im not even going to go through the list of great players who do practice online with fighting games that feature solid netcodes. Also those casual players you brought up make up a huge part of this games sales so yea the online aspect of this game should be better. We all know balance changes are incoming but lets just hope the right decisions are made. Right now i hate to say this but almost all of us are casual players right now since the game has only been about a month so yea lets hold off on any noticeable character balance/gameplay changes for now.

ApertureBlack

Your kidding me right? Even Daigo Umehara practices SSFIV AE online and im not even going to go through the list of great players who do practice online with fighting games that feature solid netcodes. Also those casual players you brought up make up a huge part of this games sales so yea the online aspect of this game needs should be better. Yea we all know balance changes are incoming but lets just hope the right decisions are made. Right now i hate to say this but almost all of us are casual players right now since the game has only been about a months so yea lets hold off on any noticeable character balance/gameplay changes for now.
Im saying that with the games current netcode, practicing using online isn't smart. Of course with games that have better netcode its viable.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Your kidding me right? Even Daigo Umehara practices SSFIV AE online and im not even going to go through the list of great players who do practice online with fighting games that feature solid netcodes. Also those casual players you brought up make up a huge part of this games sales so yea the online aspect of this game needs should be better. We all know balance changes are incoming but lets just hope the right decisions are made. Right now i hate to say this but almost all of us are casual players right now since the game has only been about a month so yea lets hold off on any noticeable character balance/gameplay changes for now.
Injustice doesn't have a solid net-code.:16Bit

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The only thing I don't like so far is how after a hard knockdown, command grab characters get a free grab if you fail to do a wakeup attack. That shit shouldn't free like that (especially Grundy wtf)... I use it too but damn

Im saying that with the games current netcode, practicing using online isn't smart. Of course with games that have better netcode its viable.
Most definitely and id go one step further saying its stupid. Same with the other end up the spectrum if you think your doing great online and think its going to apply to offline id brace yourself for some pain. Im surprised how well practice mode turned in Injustice however and love the fact they reward you with unlocks by actually using it. Casuals need more of an incentive to use practice/training modes because it could solve a lot of there issues if theyd just use it.

The only thing I don't like so far is how after a hard knockdown, command grab characters get a free grab if you fail to do a wakeup attack. That shit shouldn't free like that (especially Grundy wtf)... I use it too but damn
Lol shouldnt you get punished for making a mistake though?

Some characters don't have wakeups, that's the main issue. Most have to jump.
He basically stated if you make a mistake on the input and the wake up attack doesn come out. Mistakes are there to be punished and i make a mistake i deserved to be punished for it. Also which characters dont truly have a wake up? Im not saying its not true because i havent used every character but id like to know which ones truly dont have any wakeups. Is it because those characters dont have a good wakeup game or none at all? This is also an issue with other fighting games im pretty sure Injustice isnt the only one and Cody in SSFIV AE comes to mind when it comes to not having a good wakeup.

ApertureBlack

He basically stated if you make a mistake on the input and the wake up attack doesn come out. Mistakes are there to be punished and i make a mistake i deserved to be punished for it. Also which characters dont truly have a wake up? Im not saying its not true because i havent used every character but id like to know which ones truly dont have any wakeups. Is it because those characters dont have a good wakeup game or none at all? This is also an issue with other fighting games im pretty sure Injustice isnt the only one and Cody in SSFIV AE comes to mind when it comes to not having a good wakeup.
Look at Sinestro, he has no wake up moves that are safe at all, then look at characters such as Frost or Grundy.