What's new

Question - Marksman What does the frame data for marksman cancels look like?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
With RCs being a hot topic lately I'm surprised the no Erron Black players besides @DarthArma have been trying out Marksman. Is there any frame data regarding which cancels give him the most hit and block advantage?

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
I started playing marksman two days ago, im having so much fun and im thinking seriously about maining him, i came here lookig for frame data cancels, glad someone beat me to it and asked!

Waiting passionately!

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I have no exact frame data, but the best strings to cancel from are f13, b33, 21122 (these give combo on hit) 11, 11b3 (these do not)

We have no crazy true block strings like pre-patch hellfire scorp, so all of them can technically be interrupted on block if you attempt a followup, so practice hit confirming and RCing into block. The main thing you want to do with rifle cancel pressure is make your opponent scared of ex SG, once you get them respecting it you can start doing some crazy pressure/meterbuild strings like f13xxGC 21122xxGC 21122xxEXbf3 21122 etc...

Last edited:

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I have no exact frame data, but the best strings to cancel from are f13, b33, 21122 (these give combo on hit) 11, 11b3 (these do not)

We have no crazy true block strings like hellfire scorp, so all of them can technically be interrupted on block if you attempt a followup, so practice hit confirming and RCing into block. The main thing you want to do with rifle cancel pressure is make your opponent scared of ex SG, once you get them respecting it you can start doing some crazy pressure/meterbuild strings like f13xxGC 21122xxGC 21122xxEXbf3 21122 etc...
So it's safe to say your pressure is more like HW Jax rather than D'Vorah, Roo Kang, and Johnny Cage.

Are there any exact figures for just how + or - each cancel is?

@ESG Jagged do you think you could go through HW Jax and Marksman to run cancels and see how they are?

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Noone's compiled any frame-data because they're all like -5 or less on block except for Standing 4 GC.

On hit the ones that combo into 21122 are, F13 GC, 11 GC, 11B3 GC, 211 GC, B32 GC, B33 GC, 3 GC, F12 GC (extremely tight and not worth it), and maybe 4 GC.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I don't think anyone has the frame data for the gun cancels, but it would be something good to work on. I recently switched to marksman and what I can tell you is they're safe but minus. Feels like -4 or -5. I pretty much exclusively gun cancel out of f13 or b33, so I can't tell you about his other strings.