What's new

what does NW need to be a better character thats not OP

Why is Smoke an alt for Kitana players? Me, You, Shords, lol!
LOLOLOL

i kinda like him for kenshi :p
idk i feel kitana can handle kenshi now, but we will see.

I just want to have him as back up
But you will probably see Kitana and Mileena at tournies from me, with some Sindel and SMoke for counter picks

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
that f3 is begging to be a low,either that or f2 should guarantee ex lightning.i dont feel either of these would make him op.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
that f3 is begging to be a low,either that or f2 should guarantee ex lightning.i dont feel either of these would make him op.
F2 does guarantee eh lightning but it only works off a jip and it's stupid to go for that when you can go for a full combo.

I just want f2 to be more like Kung Lao's over head. Make the hit box a little bigger and hit mid and I'm happy.

NKZero

Noob
F3 being a low would make him a rushdown character no doubt. Think about all the mids in his strings such as 1221 and 112 etc you could mix it up really nicely with a low F3 and wreck opponents. I would merit that over all other potential buffs. I dunno if that would make him overpowered though....but who cares? He has the ancestors' strength on his side ffs he should be OP!

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Hey Fly, as you know I play Nightwolf. I really don't see any reason for any buff other than the F2 being overhead. If you ask me, the fact that it's not overhead already is kinda dumb considering the animation, but if you think by that logic than f3 should be low too right? NO, I disagree with used for glue and think that if you made F3 a low he would be a little OP but not too much, if you made both F2 overhead and F3 low he would be really OP. But what's wrong with being OP there are already like 5 or 6 characters in this game that are OP, why not add NW to the group. Put him back to the top tier status of UMK3.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Hey Fly, as you know I play Nightwolf. I really don't see any reason for any buff other than the F2 being overhead. If you ask me, the fact that it's not overhead already is kinda dumb considering the animation, but if you think by that logic than f3 should be low too right? NO, I disagree with used for glue and think that if you made F3 a low he would be a little OP but not too much, if you made both F2 overhead and F3 low he would be really OP. But what's wrong with being OP there are already like 5 or 6 characters in this game that are OP, why not add NW to the group. Put him back to the top tier status of UMK3.
I know that these are all hypothetical but in the back of my mind I'm hoping NRS reads this, and says "yea f2 being overhead is a good idea".

So in the next patch he gets a slight buff. I would love it if f3 was a low but it's not needed for his close game to be good...but I would love it. What would be more important is to give f312 2-3 frames of advantage on block and also give him a 6 frame d1 or d3.

make hes wakeups work better --> O misses on duck, also down -> square misses on duck only EN versions work and its a waste of a bar to hit --> O sencond hit and get him like cancel hes light thing like jax can cancel hes ground hit. that would make him a good char.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
make hes wakeups work better --> O misses on duck, also down -> square misses on duck only EN versions work and its a waste of a bar to hit --> O sencond hit and get him like cancel hes light thing like jax can cancel hes ground hit. that would make him a good char.
No. His wakeups are fine. Cancelling lightning is nice though

LOLOLOL

i kinda like him for kenshi :p
idk i feel kitana can handle kenshi now, but we will see.

I just want to have him as back up
But you will probably see Kitana and Mileena at tournies from me, with some Sindel and SMoke for counter picks
What to do against Kenshi this is for me the hardest match for kitana what is good to do against him ¿?¿

I think NW is fine, I thought that this character was bottom but after fighting bid d, I hardly think so. But F3 should be a low, they way that the kick hits high looks sooo stupid. Cancel lightning would be too OP I think....well it might make him top 10. They should give him different useful strings too, he only has 1 good string I think; this would make him a more interesting character

I think an overhead (like LK) would be pretty nice too. But dont you think his would hurt NW since this encourage people to block low, which bring you disadvantage to the shoulder charge?

wrong, he needs a special move that turns him into the wolf from skyrim so he can then feed on anybody and destroy !

and i am talking about the werewolf , not those whimpy wolfs you see when your roaming :)

Panque

Random foreign guy
Oww buff thread really?

He is fine as he is, learn the matchups lazy asses

Thats why they say the nightwolf forums is so bad, people cry for buffs all the time

- > See? Thats how it feels when you try to give suggestions for stuff that would make your character better on the SZ boards =D

I think that the f2 should hit ovehead and f3 low. These would be some pretty good buffs, but he still wouldn't be OP imo

McNasty

Moist.
  • F3 low starter(meehhhh not too sure about this one)
  • faster start up on choke making it a viable AA like jaxs air grab.
  • better invincibility properties on wake up hatchet.

jdhelvick

GET SCALPED
I don't think Nw needs any buffs. Players need to learn to maximize damage, manage meter, footsie, utilize throw mix-ups, and know how to end combos based on screen position. If near the corner end combos in shoulder. If you're mid-screen end combos in f3 b4, shoulder-wiff, choke, or even uppercut to keep your opponent close to maintain pressure. Sure Nw isn't top tier, but he is still deadly in the right hands.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
F3 should be a low imo. Let's face it, you block it low anyways due to the animation, it should be a low and if it were a low I'd still be blocking it low anyways like I have from day 1....give that dude some buffs - we stole his land! Look at Jax! He got more than 40 acres and a mule; he got a god damn military base! Where's the love for Nightwolf now?!

Death

Noob
F+3 low and its good. Doesnt liu kang have a low thats simlar frames?? If F+3 would be a low then NW would jump a lot of spots but still wouldnt be top 10 imo.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Smoke's d3 is WAY better for poking. But for anti air it's good.
yeah my brother plays smoke. He d3s like a mofo tryin to get me to duck block. I tell him cmon man you'll never get me to duck block against smoke. he better start sweepin or somethin.