What's new

What does "#Kappa" means?

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Real talk, doe, Kappa is the portrait of Justin TV former employee Josh. His portrait has been used hundreds of times today, and countless times over the last four years, to express an emotion in an online chat. It has a name: others like it are called PJSalt,BionicBunion, SwiftRage and DansGame. But this is Kappa. And Kappa rules the online fighting game scene.

Early adopters of these emoticons saw a similarity between Josh’s enigmatic smile and the internet meme Trollface. A sarcastic smirk, like he’s trying not to laugh at something. Maybe you.

Josh’s face itself reminds me of the Mona Lisa: the soft shadows, face tilted to one side, an unreadable smile. Is he laughing with you, or at you? And it functions in much the same way when used. ‘I’m being sarcastic, do you get the joke?’ I am superior, but I’m one of us. The image is vague enough to be read in many ways, to be related to by many people, but specific enough to be instantly recognisable. Like a brand created by accident. It is no longer an image, it is a signifier, a marker of belonging, of the joke being on you for even caring.

That being said, the Man, the Myth, The Legend.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Kappa according to TMNT 3 anyway lol in ancient Japanese means "Demon" lol

Or Kappa means Kappa :p

Wow someones mad.
Oh also, you don't need to be "surgically connected" to your computer to know what Kappa means.
I was using exaggeration to illustrate a point. Ya with me so far?

You were being an elitist a-hole. You could have given a real answer, said nothing or berm a jerk. Which did you choose. ..
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I was using exaggeration to illustrate a point. Ya with me so far?

You were being an elitist a-hole. You could have given a real answer, said nothing or berm a jerk. Which did you choose. ..
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Please tell me how i was being an elitist, i think you should take a look ay the definition of it one more time.

webreg

Noob
I am surgically attached to the internet and I didn't know where it came from. However, that someone seriously thinks one should know a meme that originated in twitch chat just cracks me up. That cesspit full of idiots is not worth my time. I'd rather bang my head against the wall for a few hours and in hindsight I'm kind of proud I didn't know what it meant. Sadly I do now.