What's new

What does Johnny Cage’s F3,2 (Take Two) no longer true combos into 2in1’d special mean?

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
The people fighting me and playing him myself occasionally nothing really seems different. You can still do f3, 2s into nut punches and ex fireballs or regular fireballs, I'm not sure I get the concept of what changed.

The people fighting me and playing him myself occasionally nothing really seems different. You can still do f3, 2s into nut punches and ex fireballs or regular fireballs, I'm not sure I get the concept of what changed.
Before the patch, you could link nut punch after F32 as one combo, doing 19% damage. Now, the only way for you to continue a combo after F32 is if they're airborne.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Before the patch, you could link nut punch after F32 as one combo, doing 19% damage. Now, the only way for you to continue a combo after F32 is if they're airborne.
Doing the F32 sends them flying across the screen in the air though, I hate when that happens lol

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Here's a better way of explaining it:

Before this patch, whenever you did 4 to 4 to Nut Punch while your target was on the ground, the combo would always cut off and show two hits before the Nut Punch actually hit. Meaning, your opponent can block successfully after the kicks hit but before the Nut Punch does.

This exact same principle is now applied to Johnny Cage's f3 to 2 string. Technically you could still do the combo on the ground, but it is no longer a true combo like how it used to be and thus you can block the Nut Punch or any other special that follows the string. You'll know this when the combo indicator pops up on the screen at two hits before the Nut Punch connects.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Thanks for the info guys, I guess I didn't bother paying enough attention to the damage it indicated when it still seemed to string together.

Yeah, go to training mode and put the comp on auto block and youll notice the computer will block any special after F+32. Computer automatically blocks any string that doesnt link with a special

Fatality XBL

Red-eye Ragin'
F+3 2 xx EX fireball seems like the hitbox has been changed a bit, it seems a little awkward now. But as a solution to this patch, you can mixup with F33 and hit confirm the nut punch with that. It takes a little more skill to do but its the really only 'hit confirm into nut punch' option.